Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Model Railroading > A few from the Evanston Roundhouse Festival

Date: 08/05/19 19:01
A few from the Evanston Roundhouse Festival
Author: Bob3985

This past weekend our Sherman Hill Model Railroad Club took our traveling layout to the Evanston Roundhouse Festival Train Show put on by the Hostler's Model Railroad Club from Utah. It was rather hot in the old Machine Shop where we were placed byt we made it work.
In the first video you see my UP618 (Heber Creeper loco) 2-8-0 pulling a string of PFE reefers.
The second video shows the 618 as power for my rotary plow train with the steam plow 900075.
Finally is a photo of my module in the layout that contains the Cheyenne Power and Light Company. And, yes, those are WY National Air Guard C-130's flying overhead on the backdrop.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/19 19:02 by Bob3985.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/05/19 19:12
Re: A few from the Evanston Roundhouse Festival

Here are three photos.
First is a photo of the old Machine Shop where our model railroad was located. They have done some wonderful work restoring these buildings.
Second is the Railfan Bridge over our tracks showing the photo line awaiting a train to pass.
Third you see a train approaching the bridge and one of the railfans is taking his photo as you can see the flash.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 08/05/19 20:34
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Excellent presentation Bob. Really enjoyed going to Evanston, WY with club layout for two years. Turntable rides were good too.

Don Allender

Date: 08/05/19 22:11
Author: Cumberland

Thanks for sharing!

My favorite of the bunch is the second to the last, portraying the photographers.

Matthew

Date: 08/06/19 06:16
Author: UP3806

Always enjoy all your posts, both prototype and model. The videos with the 618 are great but you still need to get a 'real' UP caboose. LOL

Tom

Date: 08/06/19 17:06
Author: overniteman

Great stuff!
Those railfans on the overpass are awesome. 

Date: 08/06/19 17:08
Author: atsf121

I really like the Heber Creeper unit, nice videos. Was out of town, hopefully can get out there next year for the train show. The city has done an amazing job restoring the roundhouse.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/06/19 17:44

UP3806 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always enjoy all your posts, both prototype and
> model. The videos with the 618 are great but you
> still need to get a 'real' UP caboose. LOL
>
> Tom
Tom, I have several CA-1's in my collection. I just grabbed this one as it was handier.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds