Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Model Railroading > Digitrax Throttle Display Problem yet Again!

Date: 09/14/19 20:14
Digitrax Throttle Display Problem yet Again!
Author: funnelfan

Digitrax problems seem to turn into recurring nightmares. Last night I went down to the club to run a train and found the display on my DT402R throttle was blank (not working) except for these faint blocks. The throttle seem to operate fine, I was able to consist some locomotives and run them even, but nothing ever was shown on the display. So in searching just now I found I had the same exact problem back in August of 2009 with a different throttle (DT400R) at a different club. The e-mail I got back then from Digitrax Tech support suggested turning the throttle over and slapping it on the back lightly to re-seat the CPU. I guess it worked, but I cannot recall. Will have to go down to the club tomorrow night to try it out as I only have a NCE system at home.  Searching show that this wasn't an uncommon problem, but few knew how to fix it. So I'm putting this out there so the next time this issue comes up, people (like myself), and search for it and have a potential solution. If this doesn't work, then you will need to send it to Digitrax for repair which will cost a fee.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/19 20:19 by funnelfan.

Date: 09/15/19 08:17
Re: Digitrax Throttle Display Problem yet Again!
Author: sixaxlecentury

Unfortunatly Digitrax is known for using cheaper components as well.  

I had to send throttles back several times for bad potentiometers.  You would get about 3-5 months out of it.     Got tired of it and finally replaced it myself with a better one from Mouser, and have yet to have an issue since.   

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0773 seconds