Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Model Railroading > Union Pacific Turbines and Tenders Are Now Available

Date: 10/31/19 12:26
Union Pacific Turbines and Tenders Are Now Available
Author: ScaleTrains

Turbines and Tenders Now Available! 

Just in: Museum Quality and Rivet Counter HO Scale Union Pacific GTEL 8500 Horsepower “Big Blow” Turbines! Click here to see the in-stock models: http://bit.ly/HOBigBlowTurbine 

These are the hallmarks of the Union Pacific Railroad’s unique GTEL 8500 Horsepower Turbine locomotives. Often called “Big Blows” because of their deafening noise, they roamed the less populated landscape between Council Bluffs, IA and Ogden, UT. 30 three-unit sets were built between 1958 and 1961 and all were retired by the early 1970s. Our flagship locomotive returns. Museum Quality™ and Rivet Counter™ HO Scale Union Pacific “Big Blow” Turbines are now in stock with new road numbers and old favorites. 

Museum Quality: 

#18 – Illinois Railway Museum Edition
#26 – Utah State Railroad Museum Edition
#30 – unique tube air intakes on the roof of the “B” unit; first time with larger 24C tender
New road numbers: #2, #16, #16, and #20 

Rivet Counter: 

Now with operating LED tri-color class lights when operated using DCC
#28 – one-of-a-kind “doghouse” on the front left corner of the “B” unit roof
New road numbers: #3 and #23 

Modeler’s often tell us their 3-unit Super Turbines are the centerpiece of their locomotive collection. Add one or more to your roster today. 

Also now in-stock at ScaleTrains.com are the second run of the Union Pacific Rivet Counter HO Scale Auxiliary Water Tenders. Click here to order: http://bit.ly/RivetCounterHOWaterTenders 

Originally built as a Union Pacific 800-class steam tender in 1937, UPP 809 (814) has undergone significant changes over the years. It was rebuilt as a fuel tender for the GTEL 8500 Horsepower “Big Blow” Turbines in the 1960s, converted to a fuel storage tank in the 1970s, and finally entered water service for the Heritage steam fleet in 1989. Union Pacific “Big Boy” #4014 recently returned to steam in 2019. To quench the thirst of this massive steam locomotive, the “Big Boy” pulls up to two water tenders. For the first time, we’re offering the Jim Adams with billowing American Flag and Joe Jordan Water Tenders separately. We’ve also restocked the following tenders: Black Water Tender23C Turbine Fuel Tender with Buckeye Trucks24C Turbine Fuel Tender with Commonwealth Trucks

Drayton I Blackgrove
Social Media Marketer
ScaleTrains.com, INC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/19 12:27 by ScaleTrains.

Date: 10/31/19 19:17
Re: Union Pacific Turbines and Tenders Are Now Available
Author: Gulliver-Stuart

I have a Museum Quality #9 Turbine.  Absolutely beautiful model.

I was thinking, that since you have the turbine trucks that maybe you could do the U50C?

Stuart Aaron

Date: 10/31/19 21:18
Author: arwye

I'll second that motion by Stuart!

The U50C needs to be done.

Gulliver-Stuart Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a Museum Quality #9 Turbine.  Absolutely
> beautiful model.
>
> I was thinking, that since you have the turbine
> trucks that maybe you could do the U50C?
>
> Stuart Aaron

Date: 11/01/19 00:48
Author: Ozolian

Put me down for a couple Of U50C’s!!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0426 seconds