Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Model Railroading > Pink Foam Paint

Date: 10/31/19 10:24
Pink Foam Paint
Author: SD608708

I got to paint some pink Foam. What is the best paint to use.

Paul B
Canton, GA

Date: 10/31/19 10:34
Re: Pink Foam Paint
Author: zr190

I used the cheapest latex I could find on mine.
zr190

Date: 10/31/19 12:20
Author: trackplanner

I bought a gallon of light brown latex paint someone returned to Home depot. Got it half off and rolled it on with a roller.. 

Date: 10/31/19 13:45
Author: CNW

I’ve been using interior latex flat wall paint for scenery. Walmart sells their low-end brand for about $13 per gallon, color mixed from a nice variety of samples available. It’s been working great. A gallon covers a lot.

Dennis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/19 13:47 by CNW.

Date: 10/31/19 14:42
Author: 2-10-2

I know that quality isn't high on the list, but that Behr paint from Home Depot is really good. If you can get some of the mis-mixed stuff, it really is great paint.

Date: 10/31/19 18:06
Author: SD608708

Thanks folks, This information will be a great help.

Paul B
Canton, GA

Date: 11/01/19 14:52
Author: ironmtn

2-10-2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know that quality isn't high on the list, but
> that Behr paint from Home Depot is really good. If
> you can get some of the mis-mixed stuff, it really
> is great paint.

The first time I painted the pink board, I was concerned about coverage, and worried that the cheap paint might not cover. So I bought the top grade, which was expensive. I did however, also need a very specific color, since I was painting a board for a tabletop holiday layout, and the edges had to color-match the large writing desk in the living room on which the layout board would be placed. The precise color I needed was available only in the more expensive grade, so that was part of the equation in my case. And indeed, it worked very well.

That said, having seen and heard about the results of others who used a cheaper grade of paint, I'm pretty sure that I overshot. The cheaper stuff apparently works just fine. The tan color in one of the photos in this thread is fairly close to my color, and the coverage with the cheaper grade that person used appears to be just fine in the images.

I will vouch for Behr paint from Home Depot. It's what I used, and it was excellent in terms of application, coverage and quality on the pink foam board. But I have used their lesser grades as well for other projects, and really like their products. I'm confident that their regular grade will do just fine on my next pink foam board project.

Date: 11/03/19 06:08
Author: BAB

Exterior paint has more pigment in it was told by a painter than interior just an fyi. I would buy whatever is the least expensive on the return or mismixed shelf if possible have used it for undercoating with primer mix.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds