Home Open Account Help 137 users online

Model Railroading > Time for a Charger announcement?


Date: 11/08/19 08:15
Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: inCHI

I wonder if this weekend might be the moment when a Charger model gets announced. It's been two years since they began service, and there are several current and future popular paint schemes. To me at least, seems like there hasn't been much talk about it despite how these are the new widespread North American passenger engine.



Date: 11/08/19 09:16
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: KM-ML4000

Bachman already announced the Chargers. Athearn hinted at doing them, but with Bachman already announced, who knows if they will go forward.



Date: 11/08/19 11:17
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: arizonaBNSF

KM-ML4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bachman already announced the Chargers. Athearn
> hinted at doing them, but with Bachman already
> announced, who knows if they will go forward.

If Athearn does annouce one, I'm sure it will have much more detail than Bachman at a fraction of the price. 



Date: 11/08/19 12:18
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: inCHI

Whoops, I missed that. Found some preproduction photos. Not through Bachmann, which seems pretty opaque about even promoting whats new, but through TCS:

https://tcsdcc.com/chargerpreview



Date: 11/08/19 12:30
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: DevalDragon

Is Bachman doing them in N Scale? All the announcements I have seen are for HO.



Date: 11/08/19 13:56
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: sp8234

Bachman can do stuff equal or better then the company's mentioned above but they do not do it for the US market. Take a look at some of the China models they do. 25 years ago I looked at some passenger cars from Bachman that were better then anything we had in the states. They had very nice lighting, Rolled very well & interiors but most of there stuff for the US is junk. Try going to there England or China catalog's from there website.
Who know what the Charger will look like. 

Tim
Hanesworth



Date: 11/08/19 16:06
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: kestrel

Bachmann will be the only game in town on the Chargers.  Athearn was working on them, even had adapted line drawings director from the manufacturer (i.e. the curve of the nose would have been correct).  However, Bachmann had worked out a licensing agreement with Amtrak, and sent Athearn a cease and desist letter.

However, that MAY not exclude a certain group of guys from north of the border...  

Vince 



Date: 11/08/19 16:27
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: RioGrandeFan

Bachmann has the exclusive license for the Charger from Siemens, it isn't just the paint schemes. I was told by an Athearn rep that the project had to be scrapped by them. 

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO



Date: 11/08/19 17:53
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: Amtrak784

Just as stupid looking as the real thing with that chop blocked nose, ugh!



Date: 11/08/19 17:53
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Old news - they have been for sale for a long time now...




Date: 11/08/19 18:39
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: SantaFeRuss

Amtrak784 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just as stupid looking as the real thing with that
> chop blocked nose, ugh!

Any other suggestion on modern passenger power?

SantaFeRuss



Date: 11/08/19 19:58
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: PHall

WrongWayMurphy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Old news - they have been for sale for a long time
> now...

So long that the team changed cities...



Date: 11/09/19 10:17
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: CSX602

SantaFeRuss Wrote:
> Any other suggestion on modern passenger power?

The MP36 is better looking...



Date: 11/09/19 17:38
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: tmurray

F125.

SantaFeRuss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amtrak784 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just as stupid looking as the real thing with
> that
> > chop blocked nose, ugh!
>
> Any other suggestion on modern passenger power?
>
> SantaFeRuss



Date: 11/09/19 22:00
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: SantaFeRuss

CSX602 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SantaFeRuss Wrote:
> > Any other suggestion on modern passenger power?
>
> The MP36 is better looking...

OK, I'll go for that. But the F125?? Not so much.

SantaFeRuss



Date: 11/09/19 22:59
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: PHall

SantaFeRuss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CSX602 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SantaFeRuss Wrote:
> > > Any other suggestion on modern passenger
> power?
> >
> > The MP36 is better looking...
>
> OK, I'll go for that. But the F125?? Not so much.
>

Okay then then what do you suggest? 
> SantaFeRuss



Date: 11/12/19 18:06
Re: Time for a Charger announcement?
Author: SantaFeRuss

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SantaFeRuss Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > CSX602 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > SantaFeRuss Wrote:
> > > > Any other suggestion on modern passenger
> > power?
> > >
> > > The MP36 is better looking...
> >
> > OK, I'll go for that. But the F125?? Not so
> much.
> >
>
> Okay then then what do you suggest? 
> > SantaFeRuss

Why of course the SC44 "Charger"!!!!

SantaFeRuss



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0512 seconds