Home Open Account Help 391 users online

Model Railroading > Passing Trains On Historic Randall Museum Model Railroad In SF

Date: 02/26/20 20:52
Passing Trains On Historic Randall Museum Model Railroad In SF
Author: FiveChime

Raphael Moll spent a recent Sunday afternoon videoing a few different trains I ran on the Randall Museum Model Railroad
in San Francisco. The layout was built in the basement of the museum starting in 1962 by the Golden Gate Model Railroad Club
and trains still run there today on the original track. You may notice some ups and downs in the track in these videos but I'm
happy to report that derailments are rare.

1. Broadway Limited steam locomotive donated to Randall by a friend in Ohio is holding up very well in regular operation at Randall.
    In this scene it is pulling a short NYC freight with vintage time period cars.

2. I'm bringing back the SP again with 1960s black widow F7 powered freight.

3. More SP with AC 628 7108, F7B, and GP9 3587, a Roseville assigned GP 9.

Today the layout is an exhibit as part of the Randall Museum and is mostly enjoyed by small childern
who are brought there by their parents to provide brief entertainment until moving on to the next exhibit.
Trains run in automation mode during the week thanks to the programming by Raphael and on most Saturdays,
volunteers run their own equipment.

Regards, Jim Evans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/20 05:35 by FiveChime.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/27/20 06:52
Re: Passing Trains On Historic Randall Museum Model Railroad In S
Author: Arved

I was a member of the club in the late '80s and early '90s, until I had to relocate to Florida. Great to see how the club has evolved, and to hear it's now more of an asset to the museum than ever.

As it happens, the current president of my local club (First Coast Model Railroad Club) is also a Golden Gate Model Railroad Club was also a member, from back even before I was a member. Who'd have guessed to alumni would meet on the opposite coast to continue their passion for model railroading? Now to get him to join Trainorders so he can see these and the other videos posted of our "alma mater."

Thanks for sharing.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 02/27/20 09:23
Re: Passing Trains On Historic Randall Museum Model Railroad In S
Author: retcsxcfm

Great weathering on the SP F unit.
Nothing wrong with the track,just
normal railroad rock and roll.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds