Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Model Railroading > Some fun in the garden

Date: 07/13/20 13:40
Some fun in the garden
Author: rosenth

Finally, my simple, little garden railroad has power connected and the most important turnouts can be controlled remotely (with DCC). No landscaping, ballasting yet, etc.

Lreetings from Switzerland. Lukas

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/13/20 15:05
Re: Some fun in the garden
Author: BOBDRGW

Looks like a fun layout. Are the locomotives running on DCC also? I thought I saw Digitrax on the table.

Date: 07/13/20 15:17
Author: Rmosele

That is delightful! I love it! Must be a relaxing joy to watch.

Date: 07/13/20 16:33

Yes, the loco is DCC, and – No, it's a Massoth DiMAX system. Very nice. I use Digitrax on my HO/HOn3 layout in the basement ;-) But Massoth is really specialized for large scale (12 Amp central station...)

And yes, it's really fun. It's the first season I can run the whole loop...

Lukas

Date: 07/14/20 00:43
Author: Cumberland

Great layout!

Question: 

I can see that both the locomotive as well as the cars were originally made by L.G.B., back in the day. I have copies of all of them, but with completely different paint schemes. Did you aquire them before or after L.G.B. was taken-over? I don't recognize them in your version's paint scheme, just their shapes of their shells.

Matthew

Date: 07/14/20 05:36

Yes, I bought them before the restructuring of LGB and folding into Marklin. The Mogul came unpainted with a decal set (not water-based – rub-on) for the C&S. I assume the number is not prototypical. It's factory equipped with a MZS III decoder and has no sound.
In addition I have 2 Sumpter Valley 2-6-6-2 (#250 and #251), 3 WP&Y diesels and the Durango switcher #50. The cars are mostly from ebay or the swiss equivalent ricardo.ch. I attached LGB American couplers and metal wheels to all cars.

I'm considering going to body mounted Kadee couplers but have not yet decided... And the whole roster is of need of some weathering. But first I had to add ballast und landscaping to the track – and most important – build a shed where I can safely store the equipment connected to the track. Thanks to Corona ( :-(  ) the vacation was shortened drastically and I have another week at home do start with these tasks.

P.S. At one day I would like to scratch build a D&RGW K-36 - the ASTER is just too expensive (ebay prices are astronomical...)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds