Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido HO B36-7 Side Frames

Date: 08/09/20 03:58
Rapido HO B36-7 Side Frames
Author: coaltrain45

Has anyone received the Rapido HO replacement side frames for the B36-7's?
Rapido stated that they would send the correct side frames for the road names that one had purchased, I have sent two lists of the models I purchased, however don't have any info on the request being completed.

coaltrain45 

Date: 08/09/20 04:29
Re: Rapido HO B36-7 Side Frames
Author: Grand87

I have not, purchased 6 of them direct from Rapido.

Date: 08/09/20 05:31
Author: wheel_slip

"coaltrain45",
I imagine it takes significant time to program a new run of parts into a schedule at a factory. Rapido probably made a mistake in announcing that they would make sideframes for this model available as replacement items for those customers who have issues with the extra snubbers on the trucks. What they should have done is apologized for the application of the extra part and give detailed instructions on how to fix the issue. Maybe even offer to do the fix for the customer if the customer is unable to do it themselves.

It is really a simple fix. A new x-acto blade is really the only tool you need and maybe a bit of touch-up paint IF required. These extra snubbers pop off very easily with a bit of convincing from the x-acto blade. The needed detail is still present under the part.

There is far more risk damaging other parts of the model in the process of removing and replacing the existing sideframes than there is by simply popping off the extra snubbers. If you have the ability to replace the sideframes without damaging the model, you certainly have the ability to make the modification.

With the above said, Rapido did mention that they would eventually make new sideframes available and above all, Rapido seems to have more integrity in the business than most of the manufacturers. When there is a problem, they will step up and address it. I would expect that they have scheduled a run of sideframes. Something they could do is just have the customer send the sideframes in, apply the fix, and send them back.... That would probably be a better solution than run a production of more sideframes. I know if I were Jason, I would require the customer to send in the "defective" part for replacement, when the new parts become available.

As I mentioned above, I have found Rapido to be straight forward and honest. I recently had a issue where there was a error in the shipping process for some models. Once they understood what happened, Rapido admitted the issue and corrected the problem with lighting speed... The problem with the over detailed sideframes is that it probably isn't as simple as it seems to get the factory to make some more parts. I have a feeling that production is booked months if not a year in advance.

I did the fix on my own. It took about two minutes per truck. I didn't want to risk damaging the model in the process of removing the sideframes. I was also worried about what happens if the new sideframes don't match the model colorwise... The fix is too easy to accomplish than the process of replacing the sideframes and sending them back, and yeah I would think that should be a requirement to get the replacement.

I get that you paid your good money for a correct model and you expect it to be as right as possible. Mistakes happen and I am sure that Rapido will make an effort to make it right.

Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/20 06:54 by wheel_slip.

Date: 08/09/20 07:06
Author: coaltrain45

Hi Andy, thanks for taking your time to reply to this question! I'm not angry or complaining  and have no issue with the model or Rapido! I bought some other models after the news broke of the incorrect side frames, simply asking if anyone had received the correct parts. 

coaltrain45

Date: 08/09/20 07:31

I love my Rapido B36-7 they run a look awesome, but if im correct Rapido offered to replace the side frames all you had to do was ask.

Date: 08/09/20 08:39
Author: NSTopHat

coaltrain45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone received the Rapido HO replacement side
> frames for the B36-7's?
> Rapido stated that they would send the correct
> side frames for the road names that one had
> purchased, I have sent two lists of the models I
> purchased, however don't have any info on the
> request being completed.
>
> coaltrain45 

I received an e-mail about a week and a half ago from Rapido stating that they had received the replacement sideframes and that they were working through the replacement requests. 

Russ

Date: 08/10/20 05:40
Author: sp8192

Their July 20 email to me said that they have them in and are working as quickly as they can to get them out to customers.   Just waiting on them so I can finish my custom speed lettered SP 7766.   I will send another email today and ask how that progress is going...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/20 08:51 by sp8192.

Date: 08/10/20 09:54

Per Robin @ Rapido they have been shipped out last week.

OB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0537 seconds