Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido replacement side frames and stratolight for B36-7 (FIXED)

Date: 09/02/20 08:53
Rapido replacement side frames and stratolight for B36-7 (FIXED)
Author: Chad

Well, after 8 months I finally received my replacement stratolight and side frames for the B36-7. I have 4 total, 2 SP and 2 ATSF. I told Rapido I had 4 units and of what flavor but today I got 1 set of side frames and 1 replacement stratolight. The stratolight has no instructions and the circuit board is completely different than what is in the model. I am really floored at the lack of customer support. I have 16 emails back and forth with Mohan and Robin about these issues and what I got was crap thrown in a bag to sent off with out regard to the original requests or proper information on how to correct their mistakes. 

Has anyone else had these issues with Rapido and yes I sent them yet another email requesting correction and clarification but sure hope I do not have to wait another 8 months, 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/20 16:58 by Chad.

Date: 09/02/20 09:03
Re: Rapido replacement side frames and stratolight for B36-7
Author: djh4d

I haven't received my replacement side frames despite being told that they shipped about a month ago.

-Dave

Date: 09/02/20 09:14
Author: sixaxlecentury

You are not alone.  

Date: 09/02/20 10:39
Author: BrokenRail

I forgot about the ATSF stratolite and moved on. Figured I was forgotten. Are the majority of model railroaders out there comfortable dissecting these fragile units and replacing the Stratolite and board? Hope I get some instruction. Can’t blame rapido for trying. These are otherwise good products of which I own several model types.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/20 10:40 by BrokenRail.

Date: 09/02/20 12:33
Author: grandeguy

I talked to a Rapido Representitve at Denver Show this past March and was told that the Santa Fe B36-7 red beacon was not going to be replaced with amber due to complexity of replacement.The Red Beacon sucks but I dont feel like ripping into it at this point. Maybe another time. I recieved the Sideframes for the Santa Fe motor as well a week or so back which I appreciate. 

Dave Dane

Date: 09/02/20 16:22

Well the red stratolight sucks so I will replace it but Rapido does need to supply at least what wires need to be cut and where to attach the new board for the amber light. I can't believe they shipped out a new LED, wiring and circuit board with power leads but nothing on how to connect. I'll get the shell off but man at least provide the most basic of information. Rapido messed up not me, I just spent over $1,000.00 buying 4 of the things. 

Date: 09/02/20 16:24

grandeguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I talked to a Rapido Representitve at Denver Show
> this past March and was told that the Santa Fe
> B36-7 red beacon was not going to be replaced with
> amber due to complexity of replacement.The Red
> Beacon sucks but I dont feel like ripping into it
> at this point. Maybe another time. I recieved the
> Sideframes for the Santa Fe motor as well a week
> or so back which I appreciate. 
>
>
>                                  
>                                  
>    Dave Dane

Well that's the same as telling the customer, screw you. Nice business practice. 

Date: 09/02/20 22:10
Author: sfdrrfan3

It does seem that they have not made any notes as to who needed which side frames, I told them I had a Santa Fe unit
but they sent me black side frames rather than silver and I did not get a new beacon...yet anyway. I might try again.

Scott

Date: 09/03/20 07:20
Author: NSTopHat

I had asked to 7 sets of sideframes, 6 black and one Seaboard Grey, all of which I received some 3-4 weeks after Robin had inicated it had shipped from Canada, so Canadian Post and USPS took their sweet time.There were a couple of extra brass horn included, with my order, which I figured was a thanks for you support. Communication from e-mail was prompt in response.

I personally have no complaints about their customer service.

Russ

Date: 09/03/20 09:13
Author: ghemr

Wouldn't it be easier to remove the snubbers with a flat X-acto knife blade instead of changing out the entire sideframe?

Per wheel_slip it takes a few minutes and is stress-free.......

I did the fix on my own. It took about two minutes per truck. I didn't want to risk damaging the model in the process of removing the sideframes. I was also worried about what happens if the new sideframes don't match the model colorwise... The fix is too easy to accomplish than the process of replacing the sideframes and sending them back.

Date: 09/13/20 16:58

Well, I did it. Without any instructions or assistance from Rapido I finally got the replacement stratolight installed and working. Much better than the Fire Engine look of the red light they shipped these with. Rapido, please take the guy that picked the LED's for the stratolight and transfer him to another position that does not involve anything to do with color, the guy or girl is clearly colorblind. Anyway the one I received is in and it works. It does take a bit of modification and figuring our the correct contact pads and polarity but the result is an engine I can use now. 

Video attached. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0682 seconds