Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Model Railroading > Scale Trains billing


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 09/16/20 07:46
Scale Trains billing
Author: fbe

Is anyone else going to be billed on Monday 09/21 for a Shane Wilson preorder?

I am not Shane Wilson.



Date: 09/16/20 08:16
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: brfriedm

Don't you think that calling Scale Trains about this is the proper thing to do?  Bruce

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anyone else going to be billed on Monday 09/21
> for a Shane Wilson preorder?
>
> I am not Shane Wilson.



Date: 09/16/20 08:44
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: irhoghead

I got the same email this morning.



Date: 09/16/20 08:50
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: PHall

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anyone else going to be billed on Monday 09/21
> for a Shane Wilson preorder?
>
> I am not Shane Wilson.

Isn't Shane Wilson one of the folks at Scale Trains?

And there's nothing showing in my inbox or Scale Trains account about this.



Date: 09/16/20 09:56
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: NSTopHat

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anyone else going to be billed on Monday 09/21
> for a Shane Wilson preorder?
>
> I am not Shane Wilson.

I ordered 4 Shane Wilsons as DC only, and 3 more with DCC & Sound. I also ordered all four road numbers of the Rivet Counter Version of Paul Ellis, I am really looking forward to those!

Russ

 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/20 09:56 by NSTopHat.



Date: 09/16/20 09:59
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: ScaleTrains

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anyone else going to be billed on Monday 09/21
> for a Shane Wilson preorder?
>
> I am not Shane Wilson.

fbe: earlier today, we e-mailed customers who placed a preorder from the SD40-2 6th Run and GATC Airslide 4180 Covered Hopper 3rd Run to let them know we will be billing their preorder this Monday, September 21st.  We utilize a bulk e-mail program and enter code to display the customer's first name in the salutation.  I must have mistyped the code which caused my name to display.  Please accept my apologies for my mistake.

If you ever have a concern in the future, please contact us directly at Sales@ScaleTrains.com and we'll be happy to reply.

Shane


Shane Wilson
President
ScaleTrains.com, Inc.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/20 06:15 by ScaleTrains.



Date: 09/16/20 11:04
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: irhoghead

I guess that means Shane isn't going to pay for my preorder?



Date: 09/16/20 11:07
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: SPDRGWfan

irhoghead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess that means Shane isn't going to pay for my
> preorder?

Having a laugh?  Shane has a family to feed same as many of us.



Date: 09/16/20 13:19
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: fbe

I contacted Scale Trains first of course. Mr Underwood has responded and I have forwarded original emails to him.

The emails came to my @gmail account though I always do business on my @yahoo account.
Thank goodness I do not have a credit card on file at Scale Trains and they have been kind enough to remove all my credit card information from my previous orders with them.

I did not preorder the locomotives and freight cars the email said I did.

Thanks to Shane and Bruce for working with me on this.

I will be waiting to see what I get in my Monday 09/21 email for a credit card number for payment.

I posted here to see if this is an issue with my gmail or if someone is harvesting information from ST.

Alan Burns
Missoula



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/20 13:43 by fbe.



Date: 09/16/20 14:11
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: 37176

ScaleTrains Wrote:

> If you ever have a concern in the future, please
> contact us directly at Sales@ScaleTrains.com and
> we'll be happy to reply.
>
> Shane
>
>
> Shane Wilson
> President
> ScaleTrains.com, Inc.

How much does it cost to ship you to the UK?



Date: 09/16/20 16:22
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: Hookdragkick

irhoghead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess that means Shane isn't going to pay for my
> preorder?

Lol. How dare you lighten the mood.

Posted from Android



Date: 09/16/20 17:26
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: ScaleTrains

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I contacted Scale Trains first of course. Mr
> Underwood has responded and I have forwarded
> original emails to him.
>
> The emails came to my @gmail account though I
> always do business on my @yahoo account.
> Thank goodness I do not have a credit card on file
> at Scale Trains and they have been kind enough to
> remove all my credit card information from my
> previous orders with them.
>
> I did not preorder the locomotives and freight
> cars the email said I did.
>
> Thanks to Shane and Bruce for working with me on
> this.
>
> I will be waiting to see what I get in my Monday
> 09/21 email for a credit card number for payment.
>
> I posted here to see if this is an issue with my
> gmail or if someone is harvesting information from
> ST.
>
> Alan Burns
> Missoula

Alan,

As I noted in my previous post, ​I mistyped the code which caused my name to display instead of the customer's name in the salutation.

This was just a simple mistake on my part.  There is no problem with your gmail account or a breach of our e-mail system/website.  In fact, the bulk e-mail billing reminder e-mail is manually generated and not connected to our website.

We actually had preorders placed on both your Gmail and Yahoo accounts.  The Yahoo account had an Undecorated SD40-2 preorder that Bruce canceled today.  That's why you received the billing reminder today.

As mentioned previously, please contact us directly if you ever have a concern involving our company.  We're happy to help.  The information we're sharing publicly should be communicated directly.

Shane


Shane Wilson
President
ScaleTrains.com, Inc.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/20 06:15 by ScaleTrains.



Date: 09/16/20 17:28
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: ScaleTrains

37176 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ScaleTrains Wrote:
>
> > If you ever have a concern in the future,
> please
> > contact us directly at Sales@ScaleTrains.com
> and
> > we'll be happy to reply.
> >
> > Shane
> >
> >
> > Shane Wilson
> > President
> > ScaleTrains.com, Inc.
>
> How much does it cost to ship you to the UK?

I'd hate to pay for that oversized international package.  Shane


Shane Wilson
President
ScaleTrains.com, Inc.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/20 06:16 by ScaleTrains.



Date: 09/16/20 20:16
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: fbe

Shane,

Thanks for the personal attention.

The SD40-2s from preorder which shows up on shows up on one of the preorder forms we are working with now may be the ones I got last year.

Now I need some SD45s with the normal dynamic brake front ends so I can model some MILW and NP after a Cannon cab rebuild I will be set. I see you have line drawings of that model under the undec models but there is such a wide assortment there these must be a ways out.

Alan
Missoula



Date: 09/16/20 21:54
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: navarch2

i TOO RECEIVED AN EMAIL FOR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER TO PAY FOR AN ORDER I KNOW I DID NOT MAKE

HERE IS THE MAIL...IT ORIGINATED FROM THIS EMAIL ADDRESS... .klaviyomail.com ....THAT IS not ANY scale trains email address i have ever seen before. =24pxImportant Information About Your PreorderYou preorder for the next production run of HO Scale Rivet Counter™ (I did not order these) EMD SD40-2 locomotives and/or Operator™ & Rivet Counter GATC 4180 Airslide Covered Hoppers is scheduled to arrive at our Tennessee warehouse this week.  If everything goes as planned, preorders will be automatically billed this Monday, September 21st.If your credit card is on file, it will be automatically billed.  If your credit card is not on file, you’ll receive a Payment Request Email with a link to a secure shopping cart with your preordered items inside.To confirm the models you’ve preordered, shipping address, and/or payment method, log-in to your account on our website.  Step-by-step instructions are noted below.IMPORTANT: if you would like to...
  • Make adjustments to your preorder
  • Update your shipping address
  • Change your billing method
  • Add items to ship together with your preorder
...please do so by 5:00pm EST this Friday, September 18th by sending an e-mail to Sales@ScaleTrains.com noting the changes.  Be sure to include the Preorder Order number.  Changes made after the billing process begins will likely delay shipping your preorder.Preorders are shipped in the sequence paid.  Due to the anticipated volume of paid preorders, please allow 3 to 5 business days to pick, pack, and ship your preorder.  We’ll e-mail a shipping confirmation with tracking information once your order is ready to depart our warehouse.Thank you for your business.  Your support is greatly appreciated.The ScaleTrains.com Crew



Date: 09/16/20 22:37
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: fbe

Thanks for the research and the source of the hokey email.

So how did they get my home email and know I am a Scale Trains customer?

I could do future ST preorders from retailers who are ST dealers if needed.



Date: 09/17/20 03:49
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: ScaleTrains

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the research and the source of the
> hokey email.
>
> So how did they get my home email and know I am a
> Scale Trains customer?
>
> I could do future ST preorders from retailers who
> are ST dealers if needed.

Alan,

If you ever have concerns about oru company or products, PLEASE e-mail us directly at Sales@ScaleTrains.com.  The information we're bouncing back-and-forth should be done privately and not in a public forum.  I'd be happy to discuss your concerns personally, please e-mail Sales@ScaleTrains.com and request a callback from me.  Please note the best day and time to reach you.

Although you may not recall, you've placed orders at one time or another using both e-mail addresses.  That's how we have your two e-mail addresses on file.  Nothing has occurred at ScaleTrains.com that would expose anyone's e-mail address.

Shane


Shane Wilson
President
ScaleTrains.com, Inc.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/20 06:16 by ScaleTrains.



Date: 09/17/20 04:04
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: ScaleTrains

navarch2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i TOO RECEIVED AN EMAIL FOR A CREDIT CARD NUMBER
> TO PAY FOR AN ORDER I KNOW I DID NOT MAKE
>
> HERE IS THE MAIL...IT ORIGINATED FROM THIS EMAIL
> ADDRESS... .klaviyomail.com ....THAT IS not ANY
> scale trains email address i have ever seen
> before.

As we've said numerous times in this thread (and others), when you have a concern about our company our products, please contact us directly at Sales@ScaleTrains.com.  There's no need to post in a public forum or Facebook.  When statements are made like this, it causes undue concern from people who were not affected.  This generates additional e-mails and phone calls that consume our limited people and time resources.

The answers are simple.
1. Klaviyo is our bulk e-mail provider.  If you go back and look at the sending address for every e-mail newsletter we've sent since we started in 2015, the sender is "newsletter@scaletrains.com via ksd1.klaviyomail.com".

2. The e-mail does NOT request credit card information.  It's simply letting customers know who placed an SD40-2 OR Airslide preorder that it will be billed this Monday.  The e-mail also provides step-by-step instructions on how to log-in to one's account on our website to verify the preorder information (item, shipping address, payment method, etc.)

3. The customer list for the billing reminder e-mail is manually generated from a report of customers who have placed a preorder for specific item numbers.  You've likely placed a preorder and do not recall placing it.  This happens all of the time.
a. You can log-in to your account using the billing e-mail address to see what item(s) is on preorder.
or
b. E-mail us at Sales@ScaleTrains.com and we'll be happy to look-up the preorder using the billing e-mail address.

Shane


Shane Wilson
President
ScaleTrains.com, Inc.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/20 10:08 by ScaleTrains.



Date: 09/17/20 10:35
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: fbe

Shane, I emailed sales@scaletrains. com first and got a prompt reply from Bob. I posted to TO to see if I was all alone in this or others have gotten the same Shane Wilson email.



Date: 09/17/20 11:01
Re: Scale Trains billing
Author: Matt_Gidley

Russ, this made TO worth it today.  Hilarious! I'll take an Elizabeth Allen Rivet Counter while we're at it!
>
> I ordered 4 Shane Wilsons as DC only, and 3 more
> with DCC & Sound. I also ordered all four road
> numbers of the Rivet Counter Version of Paul
> Ellis, I am really looking forward to those!
>
> Russ
>
>  



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1384 seconds