Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Model Railroading > new importer for HO trains, Aurora Miniatures

Date: 10/24/20 19:24
new importer for HO trains, Aurora Miniatures
Author: sp8234

Hi all
 I can across this from Facebook & the internet. They plan to have an SD60F in CN & a 40' container for the North American market & 2 Chinese Diesels

https://auroraminiatures.com/ 

I will be in for at least 1 SD60F & several containers. The containers look kinda like the PT Trains that are a couple of post down. 

Tim
Hanesworth

Date: 10/24/20 19:46
Re: new importer for HO trains, Aurora Miniatures
Author: Mojacket

They also mentioned a 45' container on their Facebook page. 

Date: 10/25/20 07:45
Author: tuxedorailfan

I saw this also on Facebook. I wouldn't mind getting one or two of the SD60f's. I hope this actually comes to fruition and not just another pipe dream...But from the looks of it, they're poured a lot of money into the CAD and such for the drawings, maybe it'll happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Date: 10/25/20 08:59
Author: BAB

And more plastic couplers wish that they all would switch to Kadees.

Date: 10/27/20 10:27
Author: RioGrandeFan

For what it's worth it does not say anything about the couplers being metal or plastic but they do "look" metal in the drawings.

Here is the line from the features page: "AuroraJanney scale head replica couplers installed – compatible with Kadee and other popular brands"

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/20 10:28 by RioGrandeFan.

Date: 10/28/20 06:03
Author: BAB

RioGrandeFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For what it's worth it does not say anything about
> the couplers being metal or plastic but they do
> "look" metal in the drawings.
>
> Here is the line from the features page:
> "AuroraJanney scale head replica couplers
> installed – compatible with Kadee and other
> popular brands"
>
> Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
> Denver, CO
No they are not metal look at the springs, and being compatable is nice until they fail, just something else to replace been there done that. Would be nice to have Kadees from the start on cars and engines. Compatable does not mean they will work well either by the way.

Date: 10/28/20 09:49
Author: RioGrandeFan

They have in one of their images on Facebook that there are "no visible knuckle springs" so I'm not sure where you're seeing a spring. I looked at the images again I am not seeing any visible springs. 

I suppose the only way to get this solved is to send them a direct email. It does seem kinda dumb for them to not just put this in the list of specs.

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0594 seconds