Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Model Railroading > HO scale Athearn grain car parts inquiry

Date: 10/27/20 09:53
HO scale Athearn grain car parts inquiry
Author: rbx551985

I have been searching the 'net for HO scale Athearn grain car parts, and even their website says "0 results for your search" -- when typing in SLOPE SHEET and END FRAME.  I have found end frames on the Atlas website, however no parts #, and I'm not sure they would work on an Athearn grain car (I have 4 blue-box 4750cf-type rib side grain cars with damaged end frames that need replacing, and several with missing "slope sheets").

Does anyone know of sources to find replacement parts, or know of such parts from other manufacturers that would fit that type of Atnearn-made rib-side grain cars?  Thanks.

Date: 10/27/20 10:59
Re: HO scale Athearn grain car parts inquiry
Author: PHall

Call Athearn parts direct. Many times the webpage will show not available but when you call or email them you find out they do have some.
It never hurts to ask them.

Date: 10/27/20 12:44
Author: ghemr

On an Athearn "blue box" 4740 covered hopper, aren't the end frames/cages cast into the body? I've never known them to be separate castings.......

Date: 10/28/20 05:23
Author: Arved

I thought the slope part was a seperate castiing on both the ACF Centerflow and P-S Blue Box kits.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 10/28/20 07:11
Author: rbx551985

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Call Athearn parts direct. Many times the webpage
> will show not available but when you call or email
> them you find out they do have some.
> It never hurts to ask them.

No one answering the phone; I sent an email on their official website.  Thanks for the prompt.

Date: 10/29/20 14:01
Author: binder001

I ordered some parts in August and got my initial reply in Sept, but then the parts order was handled very nicely.  The young man in Athearn parts even called back to make sure he sent me the proper handrail set for the specific GP7 I was repairing.  Very friendly.  I think that they are just undermanned and in high demand.  I appreciate Athearn because of their service after the sale, something many manufacturers have completely forgotten about.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds