Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Model Railroading > Can you identify this decoder?

Date: 04/03/21 09:10
Can you identify this decoder?
Author: BlackWidow

The locomotive pictured is a Bachmann F7, I suspect from early in the DCC/sound era.  I cannot figure out what brand the decoder is.  It won't respond to anything on the programming track (I have Digitrax system with a Soundtraxx programming track booster, the PTB100 I think it is called).  JMRI gets an error when I try to interrogate it on the programming track as well.  The decoder very well may be fried, but I wanted to see if anyone could identify the manufacturer of the program and give a reset one last shot before replacing it.

Date: 04/03/21 16:12
Re: Can you identify this decoder?
Author: chitownjeff

Looks like a Soundtraxx OEM sound decoder, custom design/built by them for Bachmann's specs to fit their frame.

Jeff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/21 16:14 by chitownjeff.

Date: 04/03/21 16:53
Author: BlackWidow

Thanks.  I just figured that out myself after some more research.  It is as you say.  And it is fried on this model!

Date: 04/03/21 20:03
Author: PHall

Even if it wasn't fried it needs to be replaced.

Date: 04/04/21 07:46
Author: BAB

Check with Soundtraxx and see what will fit at the most a trip to the milling machine can make room for it. Have done that on several units of mine for speakers and such.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds