Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Model Railroading > Chinese model production halted?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 11/26/21 09:52
Chinese model production halted?
Author: fbe

I decided to check on the status of some preorder locomotives.  I went to the mfr web site and got a white page with a paragraph stating two of the production facilities in China have shut down. A recent check to see if there was better information finds the white page is gone but there in no longer any way to preorder product.

Chinese US politics is the national news story this week and the outlook for 'toys' from China do not look good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/21 10:52 by fbe.

Date: 11/26/21 09:58
Re: Chinese model production halted
Author: wabash2800

So is China going to hold Santa's toys for Christmas hostage? No, wait, the Christmas stuff is supposed to already shipped... But oh yeah, a lot of it's still waiting to get into port...

So what happens if we get into a skirmish with China over Taiwan or some other territory in the China Sea?

Victor

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I decided to check on the status of some preorder
> locomotives.  I went to the mfr web site and got
> a white page with a paragraph stating two of the
> production facilities in China have shut down. A
> recent check to see if there was better
> information finds the white page is gone but there
> in no longer any way to preorder product.
>
> Chinese US politics is the national news story
> this week and the outlook for 'toys' from China do
> not look good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/21 10:04 by wabash2800.

Date: 11/26/21 10:09
Author: unit

So which manufacturer are we discussing here?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/26/21 10:32

Since the white page mentioned is no longer up I will just leave the mfr name off it while the situation evolves.

I am not optimistic for our hobby but it is not like I have a shortage of HO models to work with.

Date: 11/26/21 11:03
Author: JDLX

I could find no news articles or reporting on any major policy changes, and I also could not overtly find anyone not accepting preorders in a quick spot check of a half dozen or so major manufacturers. That being said I did find stories of Chinese factories slowing production or in some cases shutting down entirely due to electricity shortages and rationing, and stories of other US firms leaving China due to the port congestions, container unavailability, and raw material supply chain issues within China itself. I did find several stories about the crushing demand for toys and games China has been experiencing since the pandemic began, which of course is emblematic of the sudden explosive changes in consumer spending behavior snd patterns that have led to the current congestion and supply chain issues to begin with. So this does not appear to be something widespread, at least yet.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/26/21 11:50
Author: CaliforniaSteamin

So you state something, with absolutely no proof and then won't even mention what manufacturer posted this?  Helpful post.  What excatly is the end goal or purpose of this post?  Pointless....

Date: 11/26/21 12:09

The post was from a reliable source which was removed. If the post was mentioned it might troll out more details which seems to be happening. Follow the thread for a few days to see where it goes.

February 1, 2022 it is all likely to change anyway.

Date: 11/26/21 13:02

fbe:

I tried to send a private mail to you regarding the Feb. 1, 2022 date, but apparently your mailbox is full or you are not taking mail. What is the significance of the date? If you won't tell me, perhaps someone else will.

Victor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/21 13:20 by wabash2800.

Date: 11/26/21 13:28
Author: TomG

What does feb 1 have to do with anything?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/21 14:15 by TomG.

Date: 11/26/21 13:30

I have never believed any conspiracy theories, but I love to know what they are saying...

Victor

Date: 11/26/21 13:36
Author: toledopatch

2/1/2022 is the next Chinese New Year - that's the date's likely significance. Factory production in China typically takes a vacation around that holiday.

Date: 11/26/21 13:41
Author: funnelfan

Well I see several reports back around Sept 27-29 stating a halt in production due to shortages, but nothing more recent.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/26/21 13:55

toledopatch Wrote:
> 2/1/2022 is the next Chinese New Year - that's the
> date's likely significance. Factory production in
> China typically takes a vacation around that
> holiday.

Thank you for explaining that. Chinese New Year never came to mind.  My post is probably to harsh, but it makes no sense to say something is happening but i cant tell you.

Date: 11/26/21 13:59

Toledo patch is right. February 1 is the beginning of the Chinese New Year when China annually shuts down for 30 days of celebrations. Foreign to China manufacturers plan to have 30 days of inventory on hand on February 1 account factory output goes to 0.

Date: 11/26/21 14:07

My private messages shows room for 85 more message's.  I will clean out the inbox since I never received notice of hundreds of these when they arrived.

Date: 11/26/21 14:12

Wow more that I didn't know. I had no idea they shut down for 30 days. Thank you. All I really ever knew was a small store in our tiny town used to have a banner that said gung hay fat choy in January.

Date: 11/28/21 12:33

CaliforniaSteamin Wrote:
> So you state something, with absolutely no proof
> and then won't even mention what manufacturer
> posted this?  Helpful post.  What excatly is the
> end goal or purpose of this post?  Pointless....

Perhaps I will just lurk TO from now on so I don't offend anyone.

Date: 11/28/21 12:44
Author: SPDRGWfan

fbe Wrote:
> Perhaps I will just lurk TO from now on so I don't
> offend anyone.

Nah.  But dangeling a piece of  juicy info and then not follow though on it is kinda, you know.

Date: 11/28/21 16:06

Agreed. Your presents here always has merit as well as your contributions. This time just a little weak.

Date: 11/28/21 18:17
Author: PHall

And the Chinese New Year break happens every year. Just ask Jason at Rapido.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0495 seconds