Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Model Railroading > NS Research cars or CSX Business cars

Date: 05/15/23 07:43
NS Research cars or CSX Business cars
Author: original

Just a hypothetical  thought - If you were a Manufacturer of Model trains and had an opportunity to build the CSX or NS Business cars - whose  would you do build first ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/23 15:58 by original.

Date: 05/15/23 09:05
Re: NS Research cars or CSX Business cars
Author: globalethanol

CSX in the old B&O scheme because you could have 3 beautiful F40's up front. But then again you could do NS with the 4 F's up front. Good question.

twl

Posted from Android

Date: 05/15/23 09:28
Author: Notch7

The NS cars.  Most are ex-SOU rebuilt heavyweight cars with smooth welded sides and full rounded roofs.  They might be easier to model.

Date: 05/15/23 10:11
Author: Red_over_Yellow

Both.....

Date: 05/15/23 11:15
Author: Kemacprr

If I were to advise a manufacturer on building some I would reccomend the Conrail cars that ended up on NS and CSX. Bigger potential market there and in a variety of paint schemes depending on era. --------- Ken 

Date: 05/15/23 14:19
Author: BrynMawr

The CSX OC fleet has cars easily done by modifying recently produced models.  Moonlight Dome, for example had some fluting removed and got full body paint; otherwise dies already tooled.
Second point, CSX will one thinks honor its predecessor B&O's 200th birthday in 4 years.    Think tie-in train sets. 

Date: 05/15/23 20:56
Author: ApproachCircuit

Whats so beautiful about F 40's.?
Clean your glasses!
Did you enjoy the noise too??

Date: 05/15/23 22:15
Author: Lark

OMI already did the Full Dome in NS...  CSX first., then CN, then NS or CPKC...

Date: 05/16/23 11:14
Author: RRBMail

BrynMawr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
CSX will one thinks honor its
 predecessor B&O's 200th birthday in 4 years.   
 Think tie-in train sets. 

And Britain will celebrate big-time the 200th birthday of the mother of all the world's railways, the Stockton and Darlington, in 2025.   

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/23 11:18 by RRBMail.

Date: 05/16/23 12:07
Author: bigmc83

I agree with Ken on this, the Conrail cars would be a more logical offering versus the newest NS and CSX ones.  At least, I'm assuming we are talking about brass (The Coach Yard) in which case modern modelers may not be willing to stomach the cost of brass passenger cars of TCY caliber.  The Conrail era crowd (I'll include myself in that group) are pushing mid-life and might have the funds more available to buy an 8-10 car OCS train in brass.

I realize there no was no mention of these cars being brass, and it's a "hypothetical" question, but given Original's relationship with TCY, I would assume that's where this question is headed.

-Sean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/23 12:10 by bigmc83.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds