Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Passenger Trains > schedules

Date: 03/04/07 13:17
schedules
Author: cutboy2

Will Amtrak issue new printed schedules next week with the early time change? Everything late next Sat. night.

Date: 03/04/07 13:47
Re: schedules
Author: Jaanfo

That I know of Amtrak is not yet introducing any new schedules in the next few weeks... Likely the end of April before we see anything.

Date: 03/04/07 15:21
Author: mundo

New timetable for Amtrak is April 2.

Metrolink late April, early May based on when Buena Park station will open.

Date: 03/04/07 17:31
Author: Railrev

The early DST change will result in some changes in Arizona since they will not change their clocks this weekend. I'm not sure what Indiana does these days, but there was a time when some of the state changed their clocks while other areas did not.

The night of the time change is probably not the favorite of train riders or operators. Suddenly, you're an additional hour late.

Date: 03/04/07 17:41
Author: WAF

The schedules will be printed in special ink, so you can't see times. In place of times, it will read "we'll get there when we get there"

Date: 03/04/07 18:53
Author: cutboy2

Like JetBlue...

Date: 03/04/07 19:05
Author: wa4umr

WAF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The schedules will be printed in special ink, so
> you can't see times. In place of times, it will
> read "we'll get there when we get there"

Sad, but often true. I rode the Zephyr in 2005 and it had a pretty good on time performance. What a difference a year makes.

If I recall correctly, the timetables have notes in them to indicate stations that do not observe Daylight Savings Time. I think it's note "69."

Indiana now observes DST. They used to be on "Indiana Time." Most parts are now on Eastern time but a few areas near Chicago and the south western tip are on Central time. There were some towns between Louisville, Ky. and Cincinnati where you could walk down Main Street and see some clocks showing "Indiana Time" and Eastern Time. Since a lot of people in that region worked in the Eastern time zone (Kentucky or Ohio) and watched TV from those areas, many just used the Eastern times in their homes or businesses.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds