Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Passenger Trains > I'm back!

Date: 06/11/07 09:35
I'm back!
Author: SunsetLtd

Just got off #2 a few hours ago (was ON-TIME!!!). I'll have my trip report with lots of photos posted later this afternoon. Also wanted to say thanks to jdb and wesroberts for coming down to see me on the Starlight. Mr. Roberts your timetables helped me find out where we were and how late we were running. And jdb thanks for that guide from Portland to Klamath Falls, it helped point out some terrific scenery along with a detailed history of our location. Thank you very much!! My cousin and I would probably be lost if we didn't have these tools.

Date: 06/11/07 10:14
Re: I'm back!
Author: smitty195

The route guide from KFS to PDX that jdb wrote is incredible! I've used it a few times now, and I've said that this should be the route guide that Amtrak uses on the Coast Starlight. The scenic highlights, mileposts, scanner frequencies, route elevation, etc, is priceless. Not just to railfans, but to first-time train riders as well. Families could use it to keep the kids occupied and entertained by following along and looking for the mileposts and points of interest. Maybe I'll send it to Mr. Kummant as a suggestion as part of the Coast Starlight re-launch. :)

Edit: SunsetLtd....where will the trip report be? Here on TO or somewhere else?

Date: 06/11/07 10:21
Author: Stan Bringer

The route guide from KFS to PDX that jdb wrote is incredible.

Please give me a link to the route guide.

Stan

Date: 06/11/07 11:15
Author: railcity

Did you asked the Sunset crew the train is coming off in end of Dec 2007.

Date: 06/11/07 12:02

railcity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you asked the Sunset crew the train is coming
> off in end of Dec 2007.

I doubt they would know any more about this topic than anyone here on TO. Actually, TO'ers probably know more than the OBS crews about this stuff.

Date: 06/11/07 12:30
Author: shtinkypuppie

I, too, would like to get ahold of this PDX-KFS route guide.

Date: 06/11/07 13:58

I'm contacting the author about the KFS-PDX route guide. It is VERY impressive. I truly do think this (or something like it) should be on 11 and 14---it's the best I've ever seen.

Date: 06/11/07 15:39
Author: coaststarlight99

Where is this route guide available from JDB? The new Amtrak timetables are sure not very impressive. The Coast Starlight use to have some real nice ones on-board.

Looking forward to your trip report!

Date: 06/11/07 16:30

I can bring you a copy next time you come through OKJ on #14. I'll email you off-list.

coaststarlight99 Wrote:
> Where is this route guide available from JDB? The
> new Amtrak timetables are sure not very
> impressive. The Coast Starlight use to have some
> real nice ones on-board.
>
> Looking forward to your trip report!

Date: 06/12/07 06:42
Author: ecm

I believe that JDB has a similarly well done guide for the Columbia River Gorge.

Date: 06/13/07 10:02
Author: SunsetLtd

railcity Wrote:
> Did you asked the Sunset crew the train is coming
> off in end of Dec 2007.

Is that the day when pigs grow wings and fly?

Date: 06/13/07 13:39
Author: ProAmtrak

I was gonna comment on sayin' it's cool you had a great vacation Sunset and response to Railcity's response becuase yeah, either when Pigs Fly or if the Tooth Fairy is really for real!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds