Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Passenger Trains > Reprisal of Auto Train question, this time arrival

Date: 06/11/07 20:58
Reprisal of Auto Train question, this time arrival
Author: NE933-II

How often (if ever) oes the northbound Auto Train arrive into Lorton early? By how many minutes, average? What about lateness? How often does it come in late, and by how much?

In case any of you remember, I was going to realize my long dream of videotaping this granddaddy of lllooong trains while vacationing in Florida. As some of you warned, it sometimes leaves early if all are aboard. I showed up at the junction from the Sanford terminal onto the CSX (sign of the cross made to ward off CSX evil) main. Empty. It was 3:55, and the 4:00 departure apparantely was done awhile ago.

So, I am at it again to catch this elusive beast that is three quarters of a mile of Amtrak rolling stock, and two stories tall at that. Please share any helpful info. you may have, and thank you in advance.

Date: 06/13/07 11:02
Re: Reprisal of Auto Train question, this time arrival
Author: Lackawanna484

My parents and my aunts often take the AutoTrain north and south.

My experience is the train could be a few hours early if the CSX dispatcher gods and track gremlins allow. There's a lot of padding in the AT schedule.

Date: 06/14/07 02:41
Re: Reprisal of Auto Train question, this time arrival
Author: bandob

Here's A-T through Ashland, VA on May 29 at 6:35 AM. Similar time on 5/28. That would bring it into Lorton well before its scheduled 9:30 arrival, probably between 7:45 and 8:15 or so.

Bandob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds