Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Passenger Trains > Metro North/CDOT FL9s' status

Date: 10/12/08 11:10
Metro North/CDOT FL9s' status
Author: NdeM

Can anyone update us as to the status of the FL9's on Metro North? Are any still operating in revenue service? If not, how many of them are still on the property?

Last time I was on the east coast (3 years ago), a few CDOT units were still in service on the Danbury and Waterbury lines. Hopefully that is still the case.

Thanks,

Nate

Date: 10/12/08 11:22
Re: Metro North/CDOT FL9s' status
Author: Jaap

there are still 6 FL9m's in active status plus 3 F10's, they rarely ever see passenger service, but do equipment moves.
now with 8 of the BL20gh replacementson property plus 3 or 4 P40's the days of the FL-9 are gone.
Two other retired units are for sale, 2008 and 2012.

Date: 10/12/08 13:42
Author: NdeM

Jaap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there are still 6 FL9m's in active status plus 3
> F10's, they rarely ever see passenger service, but
> do equipment moves.

So are they all laid up at the Harmon shops or scattered throughout the system?

Date: 10/12/08 13:47
Author: Jaap

Sometimes, one as spare in Brewster or Stamford or New Haven , but mostly Harmon.
In next few weeks they will be working nights on waterworld one and two during leaf season.

Date: 10/12/08 16:39
Author: Inthehole

Jaap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>...the days of the FL-9 are gone.

And it only took three years after the "Farewell to the FL9" trip to see them go. That is one trip I will remember for the rest of my life.

Date: 10/14/08 15:37
Author: toledopatch

And someone posted to the HudsonRiver list today that CDOT2011 was working the Upper Harlem Shuttle with a four-car train.

"Not dead yet!"

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0771 seconds