Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Passenger Trains > Cross-country Amtrak travelogue from the Wash. Post

Date: 03/04/12 06:10
Cross-country Amtrak travelogue from the Wash. Post
Author: bert14

Washington Post has a good article in the paper today about LD Amtrak trains.
A bit long, but a good read.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/riding-an-amtrak-train-cross-country-a-unique-view-of-america/2012/02/21/gIQAebSjmR_story.html

Date: 03/04/12 08:08
Re: Cross-country Amtrak travelogue from the Wash. Post
Author: Amtrak288

Excellent article, sounds like the ride had a decent trip overall. Amtrak has its issues but I do believe the overwhelming majority of people who work for Amtrak really do want to make the railroad better and I personally have taken several cross-country trips over the years and can attest to what the writer is describing. There's no better way to see this country than from the view out the window of an Amtrak train!

Date: 03/04/12 09:11
Author: RevRandy

A lyrical ode to the experience of train travel -- evocative enough to put me back on those very trains, seeing again through my own eyes. I am sure some will read the article and say "yeah, sure" and it would probably be best if they travel on something others than AMTRAK. But others will find themselves slightly raising their fists like Yasuhsi and silently mouthing "Rockies," and AMTRAK will have another passenger. I especially like the imagery of train travel as being a sort-of backstage tour of America . . . being able to look beyond facades to children jumping on their beds in all the small (and big) towns of this land. Well done.

Date: 03/04/12 13:23
Author: traingranny

Fantastic article! Thanks for sharing!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds