Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Passenger Trains > TrainGranny gets Side-tracked

Date: 06/17/12 11:44
TrainGranny gets Side-tracked
Author: traingranny

New blog post... and probably the last one for a while!

http://www.traingranny.com

Date: 06/17/12 12:02
Re: TrainGranny gets Side-tracked
Author: CShaveRR

What a lucky bunch of kids!

Carl Shaver
Lombard, IL

Date: 06/17/12 13:39
Author: andersonb109

Why wait for a year? You must get school breaks as in Christmas week. That would be a great time to do the Canadian across Canada. And it's half the price then compared with peak season. Four nights on the train and fly back. So plenty of time if you have a week off. Anyway, congrats on the new job.

Date: 06/17/12 15:54
Author: wa4umr

Well..... If you can't take time to ride the trains, don't become a stranger on Trainorders.com. Always look forward to you postings.

Here's something to think about. Arrange a field trip to somewhere and travel by train. You're the principal! Boston makes a nice trip. Take #66 from DC, overnight to Boston. Spend the day there and then 67 back to DC. Works great if you can make the connections in DC. BTW, if you have a few hours in DC you can view some of the things in DC.

John

Date: 06/17/12 19:58

Great idea, John! Gonna have to try the field trip idea. There are many educational points of interest in the NEC!!

Date: 06/18/12 19:12
Author: kachina19-20

Glad for your opportunity. With a another year's income you can set some aside for that Canadian trip. You won't be disappointed. Look forward to seeing you out on the rails again in a year.

Dave Johansen
Glen Ellyn, IL

Date: 06/18/12 19:23

Thanks, Dave. I am excited about this experience, because it is different than anything I've done in the past administratively. But... I will miss my train riding!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0285 seconds