Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Passenger Trains > NJT resumes some M&E service

Date: 11/13/12 05:51
NJT resumes some M&E service
Author: twropr

According to NJ Transit's website, they have resumed some Midtown Direct service between Dover/Summit and NY. Still no electrics into Hoboken, Gladstone or Boonton/Montclair services.

Andy

Date: 11/13/12 12:35
Re: NJT resumes some M&E service
Author: elu34ch

What is the issue with Hoboken? NJT or PATH or both?

Date: 11/13/12 13:13
Author: Lackawanna484

elu34ch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the issue with Hoboken? NJT or PATH or
> both?

Hoboken has received expanded ferry service, but reports of tracks still out of service in the station, etc suggest that the station isn't at full capacity. The Pascack and Bergen County lines have resumed operations into Hoboken. PATH in Hoboken, Exchange Place, and World Trade remains out of service.

Reports of a "washout in the meadows" have been cited as the reason why Morristown line trains can't operate into Hoboken, but details are lacking. There is limited service from the Morristown line to NY Penn. That would mean the washout is east of the Turnpike overpass, and west of West End / Lower Hack bridge.

RUMORS that the power is out at the substation adjacent to the MMC have been mentioned, but that wouldn't explain the lack of diesel service with block orders on that segment.

NJ Transit has deferred to the Governor's office in announcing resumptions of service. Current reports indicate Montclair service may begin this Friday, and some North Jersey Coast Line next Monday. No details.

Date: 11/15/12 14:01
Author: Jishnu

I noticed that service to Hackettstown via Boonton line has started today. I don;t seem to see any 800 trains down via Summit yet today though.

The only lines that remain completely out of service now are NJCL and Gladstone. Yesterday I noticed that a few of the NJCL slots are being used to run short turn Rahway service out of New York, and those trains were pretty full.

NJTransit has not been very good at coomunicating what they are doing necessarily. In addition their route planner on their we site is completely unaware of any train service, and provides some truly absurd advice on how to get to New York using only buses from various train stations where there is frequent train service available now. And not a warning to anyone that they should really ignore that advice unless they are a true bus aficionado.

Date: 11/15/12 14:11
Author: Lackawanna484

Jishnu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed that service to Hackettstown via Boonton
> line has started today. I don;t seem to see any
> 800 trains down via Summit yet today though.
>
> The only lines that remain completely out of
> service now are NJCL and Gladstone. Yesterday I
> noticed that a few of the NJCL slots are being
> used to run short turn Rahway service out of New
> York, and those trains were pretty full.
>
> NJTransit has not been very good at coomunicating
> what they are doing necessarily. In addition their
> route planner on their we site is completely
> unaware of any train service, and provides some
> truly absurd advice on how to get to New York
> using only buses from various train stations where
> there is frequent train service available now. And
> not a warning to anyone that they should really
> ignore that advice unless they are a true bus
> aficionado.

NJ Transit apparently ran a "stealth" bus line to NY via Montclair State and Montclair Heights train station last week. Somebody discovered it by accident and mentioned it on the local news site Baristanet. It was an express version of the 191 bus which usually runs Willowbrook - Little Falls train station - Great Notch former train station - local stops on NJ 3 and North Bergen into New York. People who took it, enjoyed it.

Few people seemed to know that it was operating, however.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds