Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Passenger Trains > Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) Saturday Special

Date: 05/14/13 10:20
Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) Saturday Special
Author: TracyRail

Once again this year, ACE is planning to run a "Great America Special" from Stockton to Santa Clara, scheduled for Saturday, June 29.

The exact departure times have not been released yet, but stops will probably be made at all stations along the route.

The press release from ACE notes:

> The Great America Special Train ticket package includes round trip travel on ACE, shuttle service from the Great America station to the amusement park entrance, and a $10.00 food voucher that can be used anywhere in the park (excludes Subway & Panda Express). The ticket is only $50.00! That is $5.00 less than last years special event ticket!

Of course, there's nothing that says railfans can't hitch a ride and see the sights along the way that are usually reserved for workday commuters!

More information forthcoming at:

http://tickets.acerail.com/specialevents.asp

Date: 05/14/13 12:23
Re: Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) Saturday Special
Author: coach

I like this, and I like re-naming this service as a "corridor" service, meaning we can choose to fund it so it expands with more trip options, like more frequent SAN JOSE-STOCKTON trips on all days.

Date: 05/14/13 15:21
Author: GP25

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like this, and I like re-naming this service as
> a "corridor" service, meaning we can choose to
> fund it so it expands with more trip options, like
> more frequent SAN JOSE-STOCKTON trips on all days.

I like to see them run service between Stockton and Sacramento.
That would be a hit.

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 05/15/13 19:30
Author: TracyRail

GP25 Wrote:

> I like to see them run service between Stockton and Sacramento. That would be a hit.

But there's already service between Stockton and Sacramento a couple of times a day, seven days a week.

Service from Pleasanton, Livermore and Tracy to Sacramento would be a bigger hit.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0586 seconds