Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Passenger Trains > Tricked Out Trains

Date: 11/16/14 18:39
Tricked Out Trains
Author: Captain92

On the "Travel Channel" tonight at 9 is a show called Tricked Out Trains. So far it's pretty good. Showing the private varnish on the rails.
Lynn

Date: 11/16/14 18:54
Re: Tricked Out Trains
Author: Red

Ah, glad you beat me to the punch! ;-) Was about to put this post up myself. And that it'll be on until 2:00A CST. Looking good for so far for all PV fans and passenger train lovers in general!!!

Date: 11/16/14 20:06
Author: Red

Yes, so far, GREAT!!! Including the segment on the Presidential Car "Ferdinand Magellan" built for FDR. But also a lot of PVs of various vintages, paint schemes, interior decors, etc. On the Travel Channel. Might just have to order this on DVD/BluRay!!! And it's barely gotten started yet. I urge all to tune in!!!

Lots of miles on Amtrak here--lots. And on UP Biz Cars. And a very wonderful trip on Norm Orfall's "Tioga Pass" in 2009, and not that I'm advertising, but it's RideMyTrain.Com (corrected from a comment below). And yes, Norm is a terrific host aboard a terrific PV!!!

Enjoy the show for those of those of you that are watching, or DVR it or TEVO it or whatever. But I'm really enjoying this show, and am really amazed at how "trashed out" some of these now meticulously-restored and now Amtrak-Certified cars now are--what deplorable condition they were in when the original owners got them in!!! Amazing that they could have even been brought up to "Circus Train Standards," some of them, let alone the rolling wonders inside and out that they now are. And, my one point of opinion: w/o AMTRAK, these cars would have a "hard road to hoe" for either the owners for strictly private circumstances, or, the more often charter circumstances available to the most of us!!! Amtrak first class is wonderful (but slipping)...these cars are an entirely different world, folks, and often quite reasonably priced. And TO here as most of you know advertises these PV moves. And also there is the AAPRCO website (tho not all PV moves are under the auspices of the AAPRCO).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/14 19:59 by Red.

Date: 11/16/14 21:14
Author: EMD2024

That would actually be "a hard row to hoe". Yeah I know, no corrections for grammar on this site but seriously, how do you hoe a road?

MWP in STL

Date: 11/16/14 22:46
Author: stash

RideMyTrain.com is the site; but not functioning at this time.
It will direct you to larail.com. Norm's next trip and many others are listed at that site.

Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lots of miles on Amtrak here--lots. And on UP Biz
> Cars. And a very wonderful trip on Norm Orfall's
> "Tioga Pass" in 2009, and not that I'm
> advertising, but I think that it's GoByTrain.Com?
> Norm if you're out there, correct me if I got your
> website wrong. Just quickly typing this during a
> commercial break. (And yes, Norm is a terricfic
> host aboard a terric PV).

Date: 11/17/14 04:06
Author: Lackawanna484

Liked it a lot, but some of the zoom-in, zoom-out graphics were a little too much. Saw the first two episodes.

The restoration of the McKeen car in Nevada, and the story of the Virginia City were interesting. Each episode had several segments of 5-15 minutes each.

Date: 11/17/14 05:47
Author: Captain92

Agreed on the zoom in/out. I find it in a lot of shows. I just wish they would show the facts and skip the camera effects.

Date: 11/17/14 06:47
Author: meixel

I had to turn it off after 10 minutes. The incredibly fast edits were making me nauseous.

Date: 11/17/14 10:32
Author: Out_Of_Service

saw it in the wee hours of the morning last night EST ...

Posted from Android

Date: 11/17/14 12:57
Author: roustabout

And the fellow who called 'All Aboard' during the intro and was seen in the section about Ed Ellis's luxury train is a regular in various forums, Jody Moore.

Date: 11/19/14 10:50
Author: ABB

Will be repeated tonight (Wed.) at 9 & 10 pm EST.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0489 seconds