Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Lincoln Services, Texas Eagle, Schedule Changes This Week

Date: 05/02/16 14:45
Amtrak Lincoln Services, Texas Eagle, Schedule Changes This Week
Author: DHarrison

Amtrak announced that due to "work continues to bring 110 mph speeds to the Lincoln Service, track and signal upgrades being performed by Union Pacific Railroad will affect Amtrak service."  Lincoln Service Trains will use buses between Springfield, IL and St. Louis, MO Monday through Thursday.  Outbound Texas Eagle trains will depart from Chicago, IL two hours and 45 minutues from scheduled departure times on May 2, 3, and 4

DH.

Date: 05/02/16 18:57
Re: Amtrak Lincoln Services, Texas Eagle, Schedule Changes This W
Author: irhoghead

I'm 52 years old. I wonder if I will live long enough to see this "High Speed" corridor actually run at high speed. I think the transcontinental railroad took less time to build.

Date: 05/03/16 09:21
Author: 9900

Date: 05/03/16 10:51
Author: DHarrison

I rode Acela Express, the Michigan service, the Lincoln services, through the higher and the not-so-higher segments. What if the all the doomsayers for decades were never listened to and the high speeds would have been built decades ago? Aren't they saying the same arguments today told decades ago? We should have built them years ago.

DH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds