Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Passenger Trains > Moon over Racine Ave signals Chicago

Date: 06/23/16 03:47
Moon over Racine Ave signals Chicago
Author: robj

Chicago, IL.  June 19th, 2016.  Racine Avenue Signals west of Union Station.  Metra Milwaukee West Service train shoving toward Union Station.

Bob Jordan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/16 03:47 by robj.

Date: 06/23/16 04:06
Re: Moon over Racine Ave signals Chicago
Author: MEKoch

Sweet Chicago scene!

Date: 06/23/16 08:01
Author: IC1038west

Awesome lunar!

Date: 06/23/16 09:44
Author: NYC_L4a

Image of the day, if you ask me.

Date: 06/23/16 13:18
Author: 8notch

I will 2nd that! IOTD

Date: 06/23/16 16:21
Moon as a "lunar signal" for AMTK in EUG
Author: Jim700

Great picture, Bob.  Though unfortunately without the sharpness of your picture, here's the moon appearing to be a UPRR "Restricting" signal indication at CP VP647 in Eugene, Oregon in front of Amtrak train 507.  Somehow I don't think that the dispatcher or the resulting investigation squad would accept my plea of "I had a lunar signal" if I acted upon it.  It's appearing directly above a vertical post of the steel framework mounted on the cantilever signal just as though it was actually mounted on a signal post as are the "Stop" signal indications for the main line to the left of it and the siding to the right.

Date: 06/23/16 17:51
Re: Moon as a "lunar signal" for AMTK in EUG
Author: robj

Very nice and cool it shows up at the right place.!! There are all these programs to tell you where the moon will be and here is shows right up in front of you.

Thanks!  Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds