Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Passenger Trains > NJT NJCL and a PRR milepost this past Friday

Date: 03/15/17 19:46
NJT NJCL and a PRR milepost this past Friday
Author: OCtrainguy

With a less than average snowfall so far this winter for the New Jersey shore area, I took advantage of my lunch hour this past Friday (3/10) to get some snow photos along the North Jersey Coast Line.  The closest station to my office is the Manasquan station, so I was there to catch the Long Branch shuttle arriving in Manasquan as it heads to Long Branch.  This train leaves Bay Head Yard at 1:10 p.m.  ALDP45 4529 was in charge of the train.  These engines seem more prominent on the NJCL nowadays.

One of my favorite things to do on my lunch is walk on the Edgar Felix Bike Path.  It is a rail trail between Manasquan and Allaire State Park. The trail was constructed on the former ROW of the Farmingdale & Squan Village and Freehold & Jamesburg Agricultural Railroad railroads.   They became part of the PRR.  The PRR line connected to the New York & Long Branch (current NJCL) at the Manasquan/Sea Girt border.   The "1" is the distance to the NJCL.  I am thinking the "32" is for Monmoith Junction, but am not 100% sure.  I am glad to see this mile marker still standing.  A piece of history preserved.  

Hope you enjoy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds