Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Passenger Trains > Syracuse- St.Louis trip report

Date: 07/15/17 16:55
Syracuse- St.Louis trip report
Author: co614

I just made a quick turn around trip Syracuse-St.Louis on 49/21/304/48. First 3 trains ran respectfully close to schedule, 48 delivered me 2 hours late back to Syracuse which for this train ain't bad and it's a shame that that's true. Crews were average on all trains except the dining car crew on 21 was below average. Service for the evening meal was VERY slow and the LSA did nothing to help expedite things but rather sat at her table fiddling with her cash register instead of helping the sole waitress serve. Sad but true.

I was surprised by how light the loads were as we're in the heavy tourist season. The sleepers on 48/49 were at best 2/3rds full and the sleeper on 21 was 1/2 full at most.

At least I got there and back and didn't have to fly or drive.

Ross Rowland

Date: 07/15/17 17:49
Re: Syracuse- St.Louis trip report
Author: andersonb109

Thanks for your report. I rode 21 and 22 for the detours last month with the same crew in both directions. The two in the diner lite were both excellent. The LSA who referred to herself as the Steward pitched in and had 4 tables that she served. I think I 8 meals in all from this crew. All served in a friendly and professional manner. So why can't ALL Amtrak employees exhibit this level of service? Why can't those who either don't care or are just incompetent be fired? Sadly I think we all know the answer to that. Perhaps Mr. Anderson can do something about it as I have always had reasonably good service on Delta.

Date: 07/16/17 22:01
Author: Wurli1938

They all need more supervision and training, and from spot checks by management.

Date: 07/17/17 09:29
Author: hogtrain

I had the same female LSA on a 21/22 detour several weeks ago and she was next to worthless. The "tall" gentleman worked his legs off serving everyone.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds