Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Passenger Trains > My luckiest Amtak photo

Date: 02/18/18 04:43
My luckiest Amtak photo
Author: robj

From 2/10/18, I am one mile north out of Union Station, Chicago. Empire builder is due in at 5;47 and a Metra Milwaukee service train is due out at 5;30. This is second crossing east of CP Morgan(Pennsy signals opposite). The two trains met at the street crossing so no headlights dimmed.

The Metra headlights are reflected on the Builder cab and along the side, if the Metra was a few seconds earlier I would have been screened.

I know it is maybe not that exciting but has features I like. The old ADM building(Eckart and Swan) is in the background, one of the last industrial customers in the area.

Bob Jordan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/18 04:44 by robj.

Date: 02/18/18 05:24
Re: My luckiest Amtak photo
Author: IC_2024

Nice photo, Bob!

Date: 02/18/18 05:28
Author: atsf121

Really nice, I like it!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/18/18 07:02
Author: WM_1109

I don't know about luck--sounds to me like your planning put you in the right place at the right time. Maybe a dash of luck that you weren't "screened" [I use a different word] by the Metra train.Now I don't know what time you exposed this, but sunset was at 5:18 PM CST, so presumably this qualifies as a night shot. And night shots using only ambient lighting (no flash) are awesome. Nicely done, Bob.
-Ted

Date: 02/18/18 07:30
Author: Linndale

Super sweet...nice job!

Posted from Android

Date: 02/18/18 08:00
Author: richs

WOW...looks 3 dimensional. Great shot.
Rich S

Date: 02/18/18 08:11
Author: Jimblaze

WOW! Whether or not but random chance... ...or more likely chance combined with years of effort — this is truely a remarkable photo.

How many “shot” and possible lens changes were you able to snap — to get to this one?

My congradulations.to you. And thank you for sharing.
Cheers! JIm

Date: 02/18/18 08:54
Author: coach

Look at that old Pennsy signal bridge--built to last forever.

Date: 02/18/18 09:19
Author: inCHI

Nicely done! I fumbled with a lens choice there just the other day and missed my intended shot.

Date: 02/18/18 12:04
Author: robj

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nicely done! I fumbled with a lens choice there
> just the other day and missed my intended shot.

I was between this one and shooting wide at the closer crossing but I wanted to get the building in the background.

Bob

Date: 02/18/18 12:16
Author: DivergingClear

Great photo! It has a lot of features that I like too... the downtown industrial nature of the area has always appealed to me. Plus this photo feels cold (as in brrrr), has great lighting, and uses the Pennsy signal bridge in a supporting (instead of feature) role. Thanks for sharing!

Date: 02/20/18 05:08
Author: bobk

Great shot!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds