Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Passenger Trains > Anderson’s new baggage policy - a parody

Date: 04/20/18 14:43
Anderson’s new baggage policy - a parody
Author: Winnemucca

The following is my parody as a commentary on the “leadership” of Mr. Anderson. He did not write this. I did.

To All Amtrak Employees:

In response to various incidents reported by our customers who have experienced unwanted levels of anxiety producing mental stress as they observe their baggage disappear into the bowels of our traditional baggage service we are replacing this outmoded system with our new high security enhanced contemporary self monitored baggage service .

Coach class customers will now be empowered to place their own baggage in our attractive baggage racks on our long distance trains. These racks come in attractive shades of contemporary beige, tan, and mottled khaki, depending on how recently they have been cleaned.

In this way passengers no longer need to rely on the dependability of others to monitor the security of their precious belongings.
Sleeping car passengers will now be entitled place as much baggage as they can fit in their accommodations, free of charge.

Each passenger will be issued one one complimentary baggage tag printed in contemporary charcoal ink on card stock to tie to their bag with self-supplied string. Passengers needing additional tags will be issued them upon payment of a mere $5 each.

Many have asked why we are doing this when we have received the most generous subsidy from Congress in our history. We will be using this generous funding to print the aforementioned baggage tags.

We would be remiss if we did also not mention we are doing this out of the concern for the welfare of our employees. No longer will they have to sweat and strain under heavy loads of baggage. We have liberated them to be able to enjoy additional time with their families during their unemployment.

(A parody of Anderson’s so called concern for Amtrak’s long distance train passengers)

John Webb
Trinidad, CA

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/18 14:49 by Winnemucca.

Date: 04/20/18 15:33
Re: Anderson’s new baggage policy - a parody
Author: aronco

Why does this post seem prophetic?

Norm

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Date: 04/21/18 10:56
Re: Anderson’s new baggage policy - a parody
Author: WP-M2051

aronco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why does this post seem prophetic?
>
> Norm

Reminds me of the hype for SP's Automats and how they were an "improvement' for budget-minded passengers. I wonder how long it will take for Anderson to get a nice nickname among the rank and file at NRPC? Years ago George Custer was called "Hard Ass" by his soldiers. Santa Fe at Richmond and SP at Oakland both had a "Big Daddy". Anderson needs something more creative than "Andy".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds