Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Passenger Trains > On board Metro Gold Line Restrooms.

Date: 04/23/18 21:24
On board Metro Gold Line Restrooms.
Author: Fredo

Does anyone know if the Metro Gold Line Trains have restrooms on board? My In Laws want to travel from Azusa to LAUPT and my 90 year old father in law has 90 year old floating kidneys and he wouldn't make it very far.

Date: 04/23/18 21:28
Re: On board Metro Gold Line Restrooms.
Author: erielackawanna

There is no restrooms on Gold Line trains.

Date: 04/23/18 22:17
Author: jeffgeldner

One thought would be to ride the Gold line from Union Station to the Del Mar station in Pasadena and enjoy lunch or dinner at La Grande Orange Cafe in the former Santa Fe train station (and they not only have good food and service but, naturally, clean rest rooms as well).

While Metrolink trains have rest rooms, the Metro Rail lines (Blue, Green, Gold, Red, Purple and Expo) do not. And the stations do not have rest rooms either. As a comparison,to the north in the Bay Area, BART did have rest rooms in stations but I believe these were closed due to safety concerns. Similar to LA, the light rail lines in San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco and Sacramento do not have rest rooms on board or at stations.

Jeff Geldner
Sequoia National Park, CA

Date: 04/23/18 22:56
Author: mundo

Suggest they use Metrolink from Covina or even North Pomona. Restrooms on board in every car. remain on lower level seating.

Date: 04/24/18 00:12
Author: Fredo

Thanks, They live 2 miles from the Montclair Metrolink Station, I will let them know.

Date: 04/24/18 07:10
Author: TrainRidingGal

Jeff,
There are some bathrooms available on BART but they're mostly located out in the more suburban stations. In a pinch, at Powell St. you can go out the gates into the shopping mall and use those. That said, some of them could use a good cleaning but....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds