Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Passenger Trains > "The Vermonter in November"

Date: 11/14/18 05:26
"The Vermonter in November"
Author: ut-1

This video features the southbound Vermonter passing through the Bellows Falls, Vt tunnel on Nov 11th.

A few views of historic Bellows Falls are also included.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/14/18 06:02
Re: "The Vermonter in November"
Author: ronald321

The speed looks to be about 5MPH , over dilapidated track. 

Is this typical of track conditions in this area?

Date: 11/14/18 08:35
Author: DavidP

ronald321 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The speed looks to be about 5MPH , over
> dilapidated track. 
>
> Is this typical of track conditions in this area?

Track conditions are reasonable on the Vermonter route, most of which has been rehabilitated in recent years using TIGER grants.  The train in the video is southbound, having just left the Bellows Falls station.  

Dave

Date: 11/14/18 08:51
Author: ronald321

appreciate info, thank you, Dave.

Date: 11/14/18 08:59
Author: RevRandy

Love it, John - great way to visit Vermont! Thanks

Date: 11/14/18 09:19
Author: jp1822

Love this train, very under-rated! Glad it has survived. I can remember a conductor and LSA telling me onboard in 2001 that they couldn’t see this train surviving another year into 2002. It has and then some! And gotten upgrades on the track and routing! Still miss the overnight Montrealer, but at least it survives as a day train. Great scenery this time of year! Great route for having a “Viewing Car” but such is not the case with the Amslit windows. And as long as this train is operating on the NEC, it needs the automatic door open/close, which only comes with Amfleet I cars. Was supposed to be on this train on Monday, but had my schedule change and won’t be in Vermont unfortunately. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0286 seconds