Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Passenger Trains > Fast Times at Mansfield MA on a dreary Friday

Date: 02/17/19 03:14
Fast Times at Mansfield MA on a dreary Friday
Author: JPB

Friday 2/15/19 was drizzly and gray in the metro Boston area so it was far from an ideal day for taking pictures/videos. But I was enroute to Providence and had a couple of hours to kill at the Mansfield MBTA station, which is situated in the middle of a long straightaway where Amtrak's Acelas and Regionals can really fly. Perhaps the one benefit of a wet day is the catenary spray that electrics kick up at speed, as seen with nb Acela Express 2158 and sb Acela Express 2171. It was quite the thrill standing on the commuter platform well "behind the yellow line" grabbing the picture of 2171 as it sped through the station at well over 100mph! ACS-64 #642 "SALUTES OUR VETERANS" led nb Northeast Regional train 86 through the construction zone where new mini-high level platforms are being assembled. I used a platform railing to "stabilize" the camera as I didn't have my tri-pod handy but the passing high speed Regional still shakes the earth!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/19 03:21 by JPB.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/17/19 07:39
Re: Fast Times at Mansfield MA on a dreary Friday
Author: warren1977

I was in Mansfield about 43 years ago on a similar cruddy day. While my parents did vacation laundry nearby, I was allowed to hang at the then PC/CR station, this was the only train in 2 hours time. The GP9 and 2 coaches came in to the station, picked up a handful of passengers, and plodded north towards Boston.
Please excuse the feeble effort of a 15 yr. old with a 126 box camera.
Your pics show the unbelievable change in this location.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3643 seconds