Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Passenger Trains > FL 80 mile quiet zones

Date: 07/06/19 16:28
FL 80 mile quiet zones
Author: Lackawanna484

The Sun-Sentinel reports that quiet zones are now in place for FEC and Tri-Rail between Miami and West Palm Beach.

I believe Tri-Rail has been complete for several months,

Should be interesting to see if this has an impact on the body count.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/miami-dade/fl-ne-miami-last-quiet-zone-20190706-ib2i567vtbd4djnc3rr6zk5nae-story.html

Posted from Android

Date: 07/06/19 19:34
Re: FL 80 mile quiet zones
Author: gbmott

Given the number that are suicides I doubt that there will be significant change,  

Gordon

Date: 07/06/19 19:44
Author: Trainhand

I agree Gordon

i think if you quit blowing the horn altogether,it wouldn't have much effect on the number of road crossing collisions.

Date: 07/07/19 06:04
Author: Lackawanna484

The number of vehicle collisions with trains has dropped noticeably with the quad gates and lane dividers.

The go around made great local TV news though.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/07/19 10:13
Author: chess

The ex Seaboard, ex SCL, ex CSX, SFRC between west Palm Beach and Miami has had many crossings where the horns are not used for quite a while. Ever since the double track was installed several years ago, most of the major crossings were rebuilt with 4 quadrant gates and a concrete divider. The smaller, less used crossings might now be part of the quiet zones. I didn't read the article..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds