Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Passenger Trains > How close is Trinity Express to DFW?

Date: 07/06/19 13:52
How close is Trinity Express to DFW?
Author: twropr

We will be visiting a brother in the correctional facility in Segoville, TX.
I was wondering how practical it would be to take Trinity Express from DFW Airport to Dallas Union Station and rent the car there as opposed to driving all the way from DFW to Segoville.  One big consideration would be how long the walk is between the American Air Lines terminal at DFW and the Trinity Rail station.  Another would be how bad road traffic would be on a Friday morning from Union Station to Segoville vs driving all the way from DFW.
Thanks!\
Andy
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/06/19 14:55
Re: How close is Trinity Express to DFW?
Author: RuleG

In 2006, I rode the Trinity Express from Dallas to get to DFW.  This involved riding two different buses from the rail station to the airport.  If I am correctly understanding the information provided in the following link, it appears that one still has to ride two buses:

https://trinityrailwayexpress.org/dfw-airport/

Date: 07/06/19 16:21
Author: SCAX3401

What about the new TEX RAIL?  Its runs from DFW (stations at Terminal A and B) to Fort Worth and then one could take Trinity Express to Dallas.

Date: 07/06/19 16:32
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Trinity Express from DFW requires a bus trip first, from DFW to the TRE Station.

You can take DART elecitric train from DFW to Union Station, seamless and near terminal A.  
It’s a rather roundabout trip to Dallas, but no change of vehicle required.

That said it would be quicker and easier to hire the car at DFW and drive to Seagoville,   The drive will take
maybe 40-45 minutes if between 9am and 3 pm on a typical Friday.  

Fun Fact : The Seagoville prison used to be a POW camp housing Germans during WW2.

Date: 07/06/19 16:35
Author: ruthyard

From Terminal A at DFW take Dart light rail orange line to West End stop. Cross the street and get on the first red or blue line Dart rail that come by. Union staiton will be the first stop (maybe 1/2 mile). Having sdaid that I'm not so sure this is a good idea. It will be much eaiser to get a rental car at DFW than down town Dallas and likewise eaiser to get out of DFW by car than downtown Dallas. However it is a very nice 40 minute ride from DFW to Union Station. by Dart light raail.I Lve northwest of the DFW area and it works very well for me to park at DFW Remote North and take the Dart Orange line to union station to depart on Amtrak. Trinity Express is doable but involves a bus connection and fewer trains are scheduled.

Richard Cook
Wichita Falls, TX

Date: 07/06/19 18:42
Author: SAAP

On weekends all DART rail sevice to downtown Dallas is suspended through September due to rail construction. 
You will need to change to a bus shuttle (or the TRE if it's running) at Victory station.
Google "DART CBD Rail Replacement" for details.
This doesn't affect the TRE.

Date: 07/06/19 19:58
Author: Eagle22

I am fairly certain but you can take TexRail to the Ft. Worth Intermodal station then go into the station and rent a car. Enterprise Rental Car has an attentendent inside the station. You will have more rental car options at DFW.  I know Hertz will pick you up at the train station if you decide to take TRE to the Dallas Amtrak station. If you are flying into DFW, it would be easier just to pick up your car at the terminal.

Date: 07/06/19 22:02
Author: DevalDragon

I second this. What money you might save renting downtown versus DFW will be lost in transit fare and time you spend in transit between the airport and rental car location. 

Date: 07/07/19 00:33
Author: mundo

Tex rail to Ft Worth and use the Enterprize office could work out real well now with that new rail service  Its very frequient and 7 days a week, where Trinity Express is not.
I think only one transfer is needed at Dallas airport to reach Tex Rail, but could be wrong.

Check with Enterprize in Ft Worth to confirm hours if you go that direction..

Otherwise get auto at Airport.

Date: 07/09/19 06:59
Author: Red

I'd like to do that, from off Amtrak 21, the Texas Eagle!!! Oh the complaints U have of AMTRAK!
Another one is being able to CALL 800-USA RAIL and get my annual PAPER darn Timetable in the U.S. MAIL!!!!!!!! Not to Google IT! The weakest SISTER answer I've ever HEARD...in the Internet ERA, and upon the hearing of whicj, simply caused me to turn OFF the computer!!!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0639 seconds