Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Las Vegas-Los Angeles crew districts

Date: 10/09/19 14:22
Amtrak Las Vegas-Los Angeles crew districts
Author: brc600

Amtrak ran the DesertV Wind with, IIRC, one crew. They outlawed enough that maybe two segments should be implemented if service returns. What is the best division point for such a split (i.e. Vegas-Barstow, Barstow-LA)? Thanks!

Date: 10/09/19 15:56
Re: Amtrak Las Vegas-Los Angeles crew districts
Author: BoilingMan

In the mid 80’s, before Amtrak took over the T&E positions, ATSF crews handed off to UPRR crews at Barstow. Technically the change in RR’s was East of Barstow, so the UP guys ran on a bit of ATSF rail in and out of Barstow.
SR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/19 22:37 by BoilingMan.

Date: 10/09/19 16:26
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

brc600 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amtrak ran the DesertV Wind with, IIRC, one crew.  They outlawed enough that maybe two segments should be implemented . . . 

I worked the job as an Assistant Conductor for several years and don't recall outlawing even once.  

if service returns. 

Yeah.  Those are the operative words.  For how many decades has there been "talk" of restoring service to Vegas?  Adds new meaning to the phrase "talk is cheap."  

Date: 10/09/19 18:44
Author: brc600

CA_Sou_MA_Agent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> brc600 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Amtrak ran the DesertV Wind with, IIRC, one
> crew.  They outlawed enough that maybe two
> segments should be implemented . . . 
>
> I worked the job as an Assistant Conductor for
> several years and don't recall outlawing even
> once.  
Remember, I was hearing that second hand, so things get scrambled third-ninth hand! LOL! Thanks for replying.

Date: 10/10/19 16:00
Author: spider1319

I worked the Desert Wind as both an ATSF and Amtrak crew member.On ATSF we swapped at Barstow and UP swapped at Las Vegas and Milford.Under Amrak we ran to Las Vegas and swapped with a Salt Lake based crew.I do not remember anyone dying on the law.Bill Webb 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds