Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak temporarily reducing trains in Illinois

Date: 03/19/20 12:37
Amtrak temporarily reducing trains in Illinois
Author: Spoony81

Amtrak announced today they are reducing trains on 5 different routes out of Chicago

Date: 03/20/20 16:37
Re: Amtrak temporarily reducing trains in Illinois
Author: MILW16

Do we know what trains are being cut?

Date: 03/20/20 20:33
Author: inCHI

Something I haven't found a notice on is the cancellation of 59 tonight, and other Illinois trains. Maybe I can't see it now because it is past when it happened. Based on what I saw today, the reason isn't Covid; CN is replacing one of the bridges on the St. Charles Air Line so I'm guessing they called off the trains. Tomorrow morning I've got to go to work nearby and might see 58 coming in over the new bridge.

Date: 03/21/20 13:55
Author: MaryMcPherson

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something I haven't found a notice on is the
> cancellation of 59 tonight, and other Illinois
> trains. Maybe I can't see it now because it is
> past when it happened. Based on what I saw today,
> the reason isn't Covid; CN is replacing one of the
> bridges on the St. Charles Air Line so I'm
> guessing they called off the trains. Tomorrow
> morning I've got to go to work nearby and might
> see 58 coming in over the new bridge.

They didn't exactly cancel it.  It was replaced by (IIRC) 1159 leaving Chicago after 1am due to the maint. window.  Because of the different train number, 59 would appear cancelled.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 03/22/20 16:44
Author: justalurker66

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CN is replacing one of the bridges on the St. Charles Air Line so I'm guessing they called off the trains.

Dearborn St? That one seemed to be getting closer to needing an outage to replace the south half of the bridge.
The other bridges should not affect train traffic other than what is needed for work adjacent to an active track.

Date: 03/22/20 17:31
Author: mundo

Bloomington-Normal Station Temporarily ClosedEffective March 21, 2020Effective March 21, the Bloomington-Normal station waiting room is temporarily closed, until further notice. Trains will continue to stop at the station and passengers will have access to platforms.Passengers will not have access to the inside of the station, restrooms, vending machines or ticketing services during this time. Passengers will have access to the Uptown Garage where they will continue to enjoy complimentary one-hour parking. Garage elevator access will lead only to the street level. Platform access will be from the exterior of the building only.Customer Service Representatives will be present on the platform 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure times to continue checked baggage service, unaccompanied minor service and special services.Rather than waiting for trains outdoors, please use the Amtrak app or other means to check train status while waiting in a personal vehicle.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds