|Home||Open Account||Help||180 users online|
Passenger Trains > CA: Near LA Union Station
Date: 05/22/20 14:14
CA: Near LA Union Station
Here are some scenes from earlier today near L A Union Station. Rail traffic (and highway traffic) still noticeably reduced.
1. Stored Metrolink engines just north of the US 101 bridge.
2. Metro construction banner - Division 20 yard. This is associated with the Purple Line extension to Westwood.
3. A Gold Line train heading to Atlantic crosses the LA River on 1st Street.
Date: 05/22/20 14:27
Re: CA: Near LA Union Station
4. An Azusa-bound Metro Gold Line train crosses over US 101 to LA Union Station. This is the approximate location where the run-through tracks for Metrolink and Amtrak (and CaHSR?) will be built. In the foreground is the pole for a long-gone Santa Fe crossbuck. This is near the intersection of Commercial and Center Streets; there is no trace of the old rail spur.
5. Amtrak 767 approaches LA Union Station, as seen from North Main St.
6. Metrolink 321 approaches LA Union Station while a UP freight (TOFC and containers) holds at North Main St.
Thx for viewing