Date: 11/20/20 10:12
CTA Holiday Train WILL Run this Year
Author: kevink

A bit of good news given the challenges of this year:
https://www.transitchicago.com/holidayfleet/#about_train

Date: 11/20/20 10:56
Re: CTA Holiday Train WILL Run this Year
Author: joemvcnj

I believe those are 2600-type cars with extra AC wiring.  Do those 6 cars see revenue service anymore ? 

Date: 11/20/20 11:19
Author: DevalDragon

Just in the winter (during normal years) when they're out running on the Sanata Train. Otherwise they stay inside the Skokie Shops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/20 11:20 by DevalDragon.

Date: 11/20/20 12:43
Author: robj

There is good chance of a stay at home order, Illinois Governor has already indicated possibility.  I doubt train would survive that.  I am a little surprised, I wonder if this was cleared with the mayor as Chicago residents are advised to stay home.  Illinois is at Tier 3 remediation already.  There is all this mumbo jumbo to make everything very scientific, metrics, tiers, regions, mitigations, and then they tell you not to touch a pepper shaker because you can get covid and you realize#@&*!@.

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/20 12:44 by robj.

Date: 11/20/20 23:58
Author: mp51w

Per channel 2 WBBM news, no riders allowed.  There's also a CTA bus decked out, with no riders allowed.

Date: 11/22/20 16:50
Author: Passfanatic

That's surprising that the CTA Holiday train will be running this year, given what's been happening. Here, in the NYC area, their holiday train won't be running. What was once the epicenter of the virus, NYC wants to be prepared now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds