Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Passenger Trains > San Diego Today

Date: 11/21/01 18:24
San Diego Today
Author: jmw

I took a day trip down to San Diego from Oceanside this afternoon. I'll post some images from the trip...

This image is of the Santa Fe Depot downtown, still looking good after all these years.

JMW

Date: 11/21/01 18:25
RE: San Diego Today

Pacific Surfliner waiting to depart north...

JMW

Date: 11/21/01 18:26

Business end of one of the Coasters - Oceanside, CA..

JMW

Date: 11/21/01 18:31

3:40 PM Coaster is ready to leave for Oceanside...

JMW

Date: 11/21/01 20:27
Author: NECJerry

Nice pics! Never been there but hope too someday.

By the way noticed tower cranes in second image. What are they building nearby?

Date: 11/21/01 20:49
Author: F59PHI450

What are they not building nearby? On the street side of the station, they're building the TREO @ Kettner, over by the tracks they're getting ready to begin Santa Fe Place. Down in Seaport Village and in the Gaslamp Quarter they have numerous residential and office towers going up. I'd love to get into one of those places, but they're a bit too rich for the blood of a San Diego State senior.

Date: 11/22/01 06:03
Author: lakeshorelimited

Yeah.. that's one really nice looking station, hope to see it for myself one day! I'm hoping to show off our new Albany station once it's done. Thanks for the pics..
-Tim

Date: 11/22/01 06:57
RE: San Diego (yesterday)
Author: mikeyjoe

Here's an image that I 'lifted' off of a post card from the San Diego RR Museum, looks like it's the same angle that you used.
Nice work.

Date: 11/22/01 08:21
Author: ellissimon

Hey Mikeyjoe,
Is that photo from a model? It looks too perfect to be real, and I don't recall Santa Fe owning DL-109s (But then again, I'm not THAT old.)

Date: 11/22/01 09:15
Author: mikeyjoe

It's a post card that I bought from "San Diego Model Railroad Museum."

http://www.SDModelRailroadM.com/

If you're into model trains then you've got to get to Balboa Park in San Diego. Here's their URL above.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds