Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Passenger Trains > New movies on website

Date: 12/16/01 20:44
New movies on website
Author: oaksmodelrr

Two new movies have been added to the Conrail and Amtrak movie archives at http://www.trainweb.org/oaksmodelrr.

Today's theme: unusual Budd Company cars.

In the Amtrak archive, caught cab control/conference car 9800 on the tail end of an Acela Regional. Would like to model this car. Is it a converted Amfleet or Metroliner?

In the Conrail archive, don't you just hate it when you have a shot all lined up and somebody passes right in front of your camera. Two C40-8W's are about to lead a coal train consisting entirely of almost brand new G52X bathtub gondolas, making it one of the best looking trains in my memory. I mean, the shiny new paint, the beautiful red color, the almost perfect load of coal in each car. If you modeled it this way, somebody would say it looked too fake. Well, I am set up for it to roll north (can anybody explain why COAL was going toward READING???), when from behind the intruder appears. Was so focused on the coal train I didn't even notice him until he hit his horns. I am not sure, but I believe it was a Budd SPV in DOT service. Someone else probably knows more about it.

And once again, cleaning out the basement. More stuff on ebay.
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=jnlcubed&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25

Date: 12/17/01 06:04
RE: New movies on website
Author: rdg484

No. 9800 is a converted Metroliner MU, the only such car that is still used in Metroliner service. The FRA SPV is No. T-10. Seeing this car is MORE rare than seeing perfect coal loads, though I'm sorry if it got in your way.

Date: 12/17/01 14:29
RE: New movies on website

I was only kidding about it ruining my shot. I hope for that kind of thing every day I go to the corridor. Have just missed catching two Acela's passing by about 5-10 seconds 3 times this week. Eventually will get it.

BTW here is a pic of the 9800 I managed to snap off as it blew by.

Date: 12/17/01 21:22
More new movies on website

Three new movies have been added to the Conrail and Other movie archives at http://www.trainweb.org/oaksmodelrr.

OK, I have been a busy little beaver of late, so I am going to take a break for a while, time to put together my next "last" computer. So enjoy these and enjoy the holidays. After Christmas, I expect to have some model railroad clips from David Harrison's NEC layout during its visit to 30th Street this weekend.

And now, for the goodies. In the Conrail archive, the Michels Mid_America fiber optic train running both backwards and forward on the Harrisburg Line in Bridgeport and West Conshohocken PA. Trusty C36-7 6643 is in charge.

In the Other archive, a D&H train, probably 556, is powered by two CP units, one Pacman scheme and the other CP Rail, as it rolls through Swedeland.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds