Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Passenger Trains > #2(9) over 9 hours late at Houston

Date: 09/11/22 18:49
#2(9) over 9 hours late at Houston
Author: Roadmaster

I'm hearing that the eastbound Sunset Limited that was supposed to reach New Orleans today was held at Nolte siding west of Seguin, TX for about 8 hours due to UP freight MEWMX (Manifest Englewood Yard Houston to Mexico-I believe via Laredo) putting 11 cars on the ground at Kingsbury, the next siding to the east. These locations are roughly 30-45 miles east of San Antonio. As a result, #2 arrived at Houston 9 hours and 18 minutes late.

Matthew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/22 18:50 by Roadmaster.

Date: 09/11/22 22:05
Re: #2(9) over 9 hours late at Houston
Author: ProAmtrak

I wonder what caused the freight to go on the ground, bad track?

Posted from Android

Date: 09/12/22 05:04
Author: Bredin

Train was already 5 hours late when it arrived in San Antonio, and was only held for 4 hours due to the freight train.

Train finally arrived New Orleans at 6:20 this morning.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/12/22 05:59
Author: jeffgeldner

A similar incident happened to yours truly on the westbound Sunset. In that case we were on time departing Houston but a freight derailment delayed our arrival into San Antonio- 12 hours off the advertised. So I could return to work on time I detrained at San Antonio and flew Southwest Airlines to LA...

Date: 09/12/22 15:58
Author: Roadmaster

Bredin Wrote: "Train was already 5 hours late when it arrived in San Antonio"

This make sense, as I saw that #2 was 5 hours and some minutes late at Rosenberg.

Matthew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds