Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Passenger Trains > What, Me Worry? I Had 5 Minutes To Spare

Date: 11/19/22 20:39
What, Me Worry? I Had 5 Minutes To Spare
Author: walstib

It was a nail biter along the shore of Puget Sound today, when the sun was rapidly setting and the 6-hour late Empire Builder hadn't yet arrived for what was supposed to be a sunset shot.

But not to worry, the faithful Builder rolled into my viewfinder at 4:23 p.m., a full 5 minutes before today's 4:28 p.m. sunset.

I wasn't so lucky one day last week when the Builder was so late that it was dark by the time it got here.

Number 7 was 2-hours, and 14-minutes late out of Havre today. That means I'll probably get an afternoon shot of the train tomorrow, too.

Date: 11/19/22 21:22
Re: What, Me Worry? I Had 5 Minutes To Spare
Author: asheldrake

NICE photo!!!!!   Arlen

Date: 11/20/22 19:05
Author: tq-07fan

If it all came together easily each and every time it would cease being fun. Nice picture, you do great work!

Jim

Date: 11/20/22 19:20
Author: SantaFe9820

Is this at Carkeek Park? I was set up north of the walkway bridge for this one

Date: 11/22/22 08:30
Author: DJ-12

Nice shot. That paint scheme looks pretty sharp even on a charger. Just enough lipstick on that pig!

Date: 11/22/22 15:21
Author: jp1822

DJ-12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shot. That paint scheme looks pretty sharp
> even on a charger. Just enough lipstick on that
> pig!

My understanding is that these units - of the ones that have this particular livery (less than 10 or so) - will be re-painted so the livery matches the current "as delivered" ALC42 livery (e.g. darker blue on the body, less red in general, and the back will not have the gray and red arrow - just a plain dark blue). There is white "wave" on the unit of sorts. I tend to like this livery for the ALC42s as opposed to the standard one they are going with..... 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds