Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Passenger Trains > BrightLine Train Numbers

Date: 01/28/23 17:58
BrightLine Train Numbers
Author: stanhunter

A friend and I recently rode BrightLine from West Palm Beach to Miami and back, and since then I have been trying to find out how BrightLine designates its trains, i.e. train numbers, like most other rail transit agencies use.  I believe they start in the 700 series, but I do not know for sure.  I have been completely unable to find this information anywhere else.  Does anyone know the answer?

Stan Hunter
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 01/28/23 22:57
Re: BrightLine Train Numbers
Author: IC_2024

No, Stan… But I rode that back in 2020 right before the pandemic, and it was one of the best rides we’ve ever experienced! I wish Brightline much success over the coming years !!

Date: 01/29/23 05:21
Author: amtrakbill

Good question - I just went on-line to buy a ticket and they don't show train numbers on-line.  But I can tell you the on-line experience is superior to anything on Amtrak.  You should try making a reservation to see how easy it is with the way they set up their web site.

Date: 01/29/23 06:11
Author: DefectDetector

i found the information quite surreptitiously on google maps!  I typed in "Brightline West Palm Beach Station" on the IPhone. Two lines below the blue directions box was the train number and time of the next departure.
After an hour, I was able to compile a list of train numbers and scheduled stops for all trains.  You are correct.  I have seen no documents from Brightline with this information.
Hope this helps.
David L

Date: 01/29/23 08:43

I am not getting the same results. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I get train departures, but just times, no train numbers.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/29/23 09:26

Wow.  I finally found the train numbers.  Plan a trip in Google Maps from WPB to Miami for a specific date and time, then click on the BrightLine train ("BLFM") that is suggested, and that will tell you the train number for that date and time.  The numbers (so far) are all in the 500s.

Thanks to Dave L. for the tip!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds