Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > Texas Eagle on time...

Date: 02/09/04 06:16
Texas Eagle on time...
Author: Goofey

My son and I grabbed a couple of hours of fanning near Tower 55 in Fort Worth on Sunday..although a bit chilly *for us Texans* it was a good afternoon of action..

I was impressed that Train 22 came rolling into Fort Worth at 2:59 pm and departed at 3:19..one minute ahead of schedule..my son and I decided to go back to our hometown of Grand Prairie, stuck between Dallas and Fort Worth to catch 22 coming through on its way to Dallas...as 22 backed up south of Tower 55 to hit the wye and head east to Dallas, we backed up, hopped on I-30 and went back to Grand Prairie..

Thinking I had plenty of time because 22 backing up and hitting the wye to head east takes sometimes 5 to 7 minutes..so I thought I had at least maybe 10 minutes head start...well, apparently not...did not speed or anything but got back to my favorite spot within about 22 minutes...we had no more parked when 22 blew past us at about 70 mph...I barely had time to get a shot..

Speed limit for trains is 60 through GP, but apparently the Eagle wanted to maintain being on time...was fun though..

Date: 02/09/04 08:41
Re: Texas Eagle on time...
Author: ParadiseAz

That's good to hear. There for a time it was running 10 to 12 hours behind schedule.

Az

Date: 02/10/04 16:16
Author: frequentflyer

I always wandered what was the speed limit between FTW-DAL. The Eagle really does move between the two cities despite the added time in the schedule. The speed is most noticeable when switching from one track to another at speed "Whoa Nelly".

I do wander why is it the Eagle makes a mandatory stop just short of Dallas Union?

Date: 02/10/04 20:30
Author: usa4624

The switches are not powered, so an Amtrak conductor has to get off to thrown the switch.

-I do wander why is it the Eagle makes a mandatory stop just short of Dallas Union?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds