David Gunn to speak in Richmond VA - Sept. 8 Public Mee
Author: rbx551985

NEW NOTICE from the VDRPT website:

DRPT to Host Public Meeting for Rail Enhancement Fund Update
August 30, 2005
RELEASE: IMMEDIATE

(804) 786-7432
Jennifer.Pickett@drpt.virginia.gov

WHAT: The Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) will provide an update on the draft Fund Policy Goals and Implementation Guidelines presented at the July 25, 2005 meeting. Guest speaker: David Gunn, President and CEO of Amtrak, will discuss the status of freight and passenger rail at the national level.

WHEN: Thursday, September 8, 2005 at 10:00 a.m.

WHERE: The Science Museum of Virginia 2500 W. Broad St. Richmond, VA 23220 Atrium- lower level

DRPT encourages interested parties to attend the second public meeting on the Draft Rail Enhancement Fund Goals and Implementation Guidelines. The latest draft takes into account comments received during the public comment period.

The Rail Enhancement Fund is the first ever dedicated source of funding for passenger and freight rail improvements in Virginia.

If you are anywhere in the area, perhaps this is a PUBLIC meeting you may NOT want to miss! It will occur, as stated, at the Science Museum of Virginia, which is at the former [RF&P/ACL] Broad St. Station, in central Richmond.

Date: 08/30/05 16:58
Re: David Gunn to speak in Richmond VA - Sept. 8 Public
Author: ProAmtrak

If I was out there I'd be there, but I'm in Flagstaff, hope it gets some positive results!

Date: 08/31/05 16:13
Re: David Gunn to speak in Richmond VA - Sept. 8 Public
Author: rbx551985

ProAmtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I was out there I'd be there, but I'm in
> Flagstaff, hope it gets some positive results!

The Richmond Times-Dispatch newspaper people are planning to attend - and one of their staff, writer Chip Jones, is central Virginia's answer to [the absent] pro-rail/very knowledgeable Don Phillips (who is, of course, formerly of the Washington Post). If Chip goes to cover this Public Meeting [about the future of RR service(s) in Virginia], you can bet there will be a major, PRO-rail piece in the city's paper the next day. Stay tuned.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds