Home Open Account Help 221 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Lost open end coaches of the Inca Empire

Date: 01/19/14 16:24
Lost open end coaches of the Inca Empire
Author: DWBrown

Well not quite a historic discovery that Incas could have a railroad, however I recently found two new displays in Lima, Peru. Two standard gauge wood sided coaches have been repaired and donated to two local parks here in Lima. Unfortunately no marking are on any coaches. The trucks do seem to have builders information on the frames, but heavily painted over to read. The coaches have been recently donated and have been stuffed and mounted in the parks. Note both displays have no rail under the coaches. One has a concrete pad and the other is supported by steel tubes driven in the ground.

If any other TO member might have some other information, I would like to hear from them. Please post the info if you have any. Also a diesel has been put on display in La Victoria. However I have not had any chance to get to that part of the city to see it.

The first coach is displayed in a local park in the Municipalidad of Pueblo Libre, part of Lima.

The second coach is on display in the Municipalidad de Jesus Maria in the park of Heros off Ave. Salvarry. I could not get inside the park at the time and took it from the street through the fence.

Dale Brown

Sorry we could not find the Crystal Skull this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/14 16:27 by DWBrown.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds