Home Open Account Help 318 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Altiplano Tour of South America 2015 Photos

Date: 05/20/15 13:02
Altiplano Tour of South America 2015 Photos
Author: AltiplanoRailtours1

Each year I lead a group tour of trains in South America. Here are some highlights of the Peru portion of our trip from February.

Photo 1: Perurail Alco's at the station in Aguascalientes Peru. This is on the narrow gauge line.

Photo 2: Perurail's Andean Explorer at La Raya Pass, third highest railway pass on earth. This is on the standard guage line from Cusco to Puno, Peru.

Photo 3: At Wanchaq Station it gets quite crowded with trains jockeying to ferry the crowds back to Cusco.

Adam

Date: 05/20/15 13:04
Altiplano Tour of South America 2015 Photos-2
Author: AltiplanoRailtours1

Round 2 of photos

Photo 4: Both Andean Explorers meet halfway between Cusco and Puno. They exchange onboard musicians and crew members here.

Photo 5: No caption necessary

Photo 6: Wanchaq Station Cusco. Each Andean explorer train is preceeded by an inspection crew with a motorcar

Adam

Date: 06/07/15 07:18
Re: Altiplano Tour of South America 2015 Photos-2
Author: pedrop

Great pics. South América has great locations to explore. Here in Brazil there are many beautiful and interesting locations too.Unfortunately there are a few passenger trains to visit such places but for those who loves freight trains they are must see locations.

Posted from iPhone

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 02/10/16 15:29
Re: Altiplano Tour of South America 2015 Photos-2
Author: zorz

Has the track quality of the Andean Explorer improved much?

When I rode it in 1998...we hit a cow, had the train come apart due to rough track (knuckles slipped vertically), were attacked by bandits, etc. Only train ride I swore I would never take again...but I kind of want to go back!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds