Home Open Account Help 235 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Dwight Long RIP

Date: 08/30/16 12:21
Dwight Long RIP
Author: mundo

It is my sad duty to inform you of the passing of long-time MEXLIST member Dwight Long at the age of 77. Dwight died peacefully on August 26 in Lewes, Delaware, where he resided.  He was a native of Beaver, Pennsylvania, and was a general contractor. Dwight was a dedicated husband, father and grandfather.  He was a world traveler and rail enthusiast who took pride in his impressive library of railway books, both fiction and non-fiction.  It was his passion to ride, photograph, and write about trains and streetcars.Thanks to MEXLIT member Miles Post for bringing this to our attention. Lowell G. McManus
MEXLIST Administrator
Eagle Pass, Texas, USA__._,_.___

Date: 08/31/16 11:58
Re: Dwight Long RIP
Author: boejoe

Learn more at:     www.capegazette.com      click on Obituaries

Date: 08/31/16 17:12
Re: Dwight Long RIP
Author: tq-07fan

Dwight Long was one of the many people I really looked forward to seeing every year at the Hoosier Traction Meet. He will certainly be missed by many there. I have seen Dwight give more than one presentation both at HTM and at our group in Cincinnati. He gave the kind of slide or digital presentations that made you add a day to trip somewhere to see if you could find remnants of streetcar and interurban lines long past that he had been able to find. RIP Dwight.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds