Home Open Account Help 392 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Grain train and truck collide on grade crossing ..Old Junee, Aust

Date: 03/07/23 19:53
Grain train and truck collide on grade crossing ..Old Junee, Aust
Author: DKay

A train has derailed in southern New South Wales after a collision with a grain truck this morning.Key points:
  • Three locomotives are on their sides and at least 10 carriages are damaged, according to Fire and Rescue NSW
  • Three men are in hospital in a stable condition
  • Firefighters will examine the train for fuel leaks ahead of what is expected to be a major salvage operation
 Fire and Rescue NSW said emergency services were called to the Canola Way between Old Junee and Marrar, north of Wagga Wagga at about 8:45am.The collision occurred at a level crossing on a bend in the road on what the ABC understands is a grain branch-line.NSW Ambulance said three people were treated by paramedics at the scene.The truck driver and two train drivers were taken to Wagga Wagga Base Hospital after being treated by paramedics at the scene, NSW Ambulance said."Three locomotives have derailed and are on their side," he said."[There is] significant damage to the truck and there are … at least 10 carriages [that have been damaged].

Train derails at Old Junee level crossing after collision with a truck, three in hospital - ABC News   

Just took a drive out to the site . These taken about hour ago. I got within about 300 yards of the site but was advised not to get any closer ,as the heavy lift equipment was due to arrive.I noticed some guys inspecting the hoppers that had remained on the tracks,and on my return through Junee caught the power set about to head out the Branch (Narrandera line) ,and retrieve the undamaged portion of the train. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/23 17:05 by DKay.

Date: 03/07/23 21:57
Re: Grain train and truck collide on grade crossing ..Old Junee,
Author: Ritzville

Looks like a big mess. Glad no one was killed.

Larry

Date: 03/08/23 04:25
Author: pedrop

Terrible when it happens collisions like that. I imagine the train speed was high. Glad no one was serious injuried.

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 03/08/23 08:16
Author: dwb909

I see you guys have as much problem with taggers as we do here in the states.

Date: 03/08/23 08:51
Author: TAW

dwb909 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see you guys have as much problem with taggers
> as we do here in the states.

... and folks who don't stop at crossings for trains.

TAW

Date: 03/08/23 17:10

1)Locomotives
2) undamaged hoppers
3) power set waiting to head out to retrieve the undamaged portion of the train.

Date: 03/08/23 17:14

Plate attached to the side of the Covered Wagon,reproduction of the nose plaque. Not sure ,but think the other loco (4911) has Victorian Rail heritage,also a EMD product. 
I might add....There was a huge number of grain hauling trucks active in the area while I was there .. Lots of big storage facilities all along this line. 
DK

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/23 17:18 by DKay.

Date: 03/08/23 17:15
Author: engineerinvirginia

I hate to say it, but this has been a bad season for derailments regardless of cause! They are hitting the ground the world around!

Date: 03/08/23 20:20
Author: lynnpowell

It appears that two "bulldog nosed" cab units were destroyed in this derailment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0578 seconds